Sonic Electronix

ill ask the question no one has yet lol. how do you know it isnt charging? what are you seeing?

the battery that you took you, let it sit for a day then measure voltage. see if its dropped really low.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what is it telling you???? what do you see from it??

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

fudge i went to turn it on so i could tell you exactly what it said but when i did there was this nasty very abrasive sound coming from god knows where. and it smells like something is rubbing somewhere.

another thing to note is that it says check engine, the battery light is not on, i dunno if that changes anything.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

You shouldn't ever un hook the battery terminal unless you have no other way (no voltmeter). the sparks that happen you you unhook it can ignite the gases the battery gives off and mane or even kill you. with the car not running and your added wire not hooked to the alternator (so just your stock wiring) do you see voltage at the back of the alternator? If you do not that means you alternator has blown the fuse or fusable link that is installed from the factory.

that also means you alternator has also put out way too much amperage and has probably cooked a brush or two, possibly even the regulator.

if that checks good then you need to let us know what voltage your seeing with it running, again with stock wiring. You should also check to see what your a/c voltage is at the battery, you really shouldn't be seeing more than 1 MAYBE 2 volts a/c at the battery if you see more than that you've lost a diode or two.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

fudge i went to turn it on so i could tell you exactly what it said but when i did there was this nasty very abrasive sound coming from god knows where. and it smells like something is rubbing somewhere.

another thing to note is that it says check engine, the battery light is not on, i dunno if that changes anything.

You should spin your alternator without the belt on and see if you have any type of drag or anything like that. #1 cause of alternator failure is bearing failure, it happens all the time.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

well its an agm so i do believe they dont give off that many gases, secondly there were no sparks when i disconnected. no i didnt check to see if there was voltage at the back and its too late because ive already pulled that alt out.

look at your belt and see if there is any weird marks on it. look at all pulleys for black dust.

there was some black dust which im assuming is tiny metal shavings on the top of the case beside the pulley and only on the one side. ill take a wild guess and say thats bad.

the black dust is from the belt slipping. it all rubber, no metal. so maybe your problem is that the belt has stretched a little and now its not putting enough pressure on that pulley, allowing it to slip. or it could also be a bad tensioner.

Archived