Second Skin Audio

It's all about making your system work the best with what you have to work with. You can't ignore Hoffman's Iron Law; a small enclosure will help with power handling but you will sacrifice low end extension and efficiency because of the size of the box. No way around it.

Shipping time depends on where you live. We are in NC, so hop on FedEx's web site to check on transit times.

Edited by Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

It's all about making your system work the best with what you have to work with. You can't ignore Hoffman's Iron Law; a small enclosure will help with power handling but you will sacrifice low end extension and efficiency because of the size of the box. No way around it.

Shipping time depends on where you live. We are in NC, so hop on FedEx's web site to check on transit times.

alright so my dimensions are 30" from side to side and 28" from back of seat to back of car and 15" tall what does that come out to?

where in NC are you?

Edited by Hertz_dont_it

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

That is looking like about 5.90ft^3 before displacement my friend, I think you'll he able too pull off the three feet haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

That is looking like about 5.90ft^3 before displacement my friend, I think you'll he able too pull off the three feet haha

phew thats good =] thanks

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

I threw something up in a box calculator right now just to check a few demensions, it looks like you could do a box around the size of 15" high x 28" wide x 23" deep. After port and displacements ot looks like that would be around 3.47ft^3 net. I had a port 13.5 inches high, 3 inches wide and 21 inches long for a tune of 34hz and around 11.67in^2 of port area per cube... I am not a pro box builder or designer lol so if I were you I'd get someone to design a box, but I was just basically showing you and idea, or a way you could fit that monster in your car lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

I'll look into a design for you right now. But reading your OP, something caught my eye. You plan to use your JH 600w amp, which is rated 600w at 2ohm. What voice coil configuration did you get on your Obsidian 15? All I see they offer on the site is D2ohm, which is impossible to get a final 2ohm load on the amp.

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I'm pretty sure they do dvc4 and dvc2, I got two two dvc4 twelves, idk why they couldn't do dvc4 15"s. But yeah but your gunna want to get a bigger amp anyways maybe a 1k so if all else fails you can sell that one, and put a little extra cash down after on a nice 1k :) haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

I'll look into a design for you right now. But reading your OP, something caught my eye. You plan to use your JH 600w amp, which is rated 600w at 2ohm. What voice coil configuration did you get on your Obsidian 15? All I see they offer on the site is D2ohm, which is impossible to get a final 2ohm load on the amp.

We offer both dual 2 Ohm and dual 4 Ohm. http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=9

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

amp runs 600w rms at 2ohms and i got a dual 4ohm

We offer both dual 2 Ohm and dual 4 Ohm. http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=9

Ah, I see. Should have dug around a bit more, I only looked at the page with the T/S params... :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.