93 honda dx hatch, daily driver.

ok got the cluster swap pretty much done. its in the dash solid, but i still need to blend it and make it perfectly flush. it functions perfectly. it started to rain so i can finish that another day.

here is the link for the wiring diagrams

How To: Install GSR Cluster into a Civic, 6th gen Cluster in 5th gen. - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

this is before i cleaned all the wiring, just to make sure it works before I heat shrink and tape everything up.

WP_000946.jpg

this is all cleaned up and wiring sorted appropriately

WP_000948.jpg

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

also i understand that wire crimps are not the 100% best way to do it, but the pins from the 92-95 eg are to big to fit into the gsr cluster plugs, so i wasnt able to de-pin and re-pin. everything is tightly crimped and heat shrunk.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

ok the cluster swap is 100% done. got the plexi over it and it looks awesome. pretty much factory. very happy with how it came out.

WP_000956.jpg

WP_000954.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

well it finally didnt rain for one day over here so i was able to do some polishing and waxing on the hatch. the drivers side door had some scuffs on it so i wet sanded and the polished and waxed it

WP_000960.jpg

then this is the awesome part, my pass side front fender i though the clear coat was gone, it was basically a flat white. i was able to bring a nice shine back to it and i am very happy.

WP_000959.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

Hope you don't mind me asking, But what are you doing with your old gauge cluster?

I have an 92 Auto CX/DX Sedan ( Idfk which it is lol) , And have been wanting to swap for a different cluster for the RPM Gauge.

And i would do the Manual swap too, but having a wall, auto's much easier lol!

And i am watching ya on this, so don't feel alone lol.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Hope you don't mind me asking, But what are you doing with your old gauge cluster?

I have an 92 Auto CX/DX Sedan ( Idfk which it is lol) , And have been wanting to swap for a different cluster for the RPM Gauge.

my old cluster for some reason the tach was slow to show me what the rpm's were so its pretty much trash. thats why i had that little tach in there lol. I would do the manual swap. i think it would be easier on the transmission in the end.

teamxa2-1.jpg

my old cluster for some reason the tach was slow to show me what the rpm's were so its pretty much trash. thats why i had that little tach in there lol. I would do the manual swap. i think it would be easier on the transmission in the end.

Ah i see.

I would do a swap, but no clue how to drive a manual honestly lol. I have a d15b8 70hp engine I believe, so not sure if it would be worth it. Lol. Plus no money to do a swap. Would I get better mpg though?

Sorry for topic jack.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

little hatchy looks nice man. Good to see a 93 honda without the wheel well rot haha.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Ah i see.

I would do a swap, but no clue how to drive a manual honestly lol. I have a d15b8 70hp engine I believe, so not sure if it would be worth it. Lol. Plus no money to do a swap. Would I get better mpg though?

Sorry for topic jack.

lol yea its not a hard swap, pretty straight forward. you will definitely get improved mpg's. plus the car would be more fun to drive haha

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived