Sonic Electronix

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5ohm?

so have you concidered box rise? just because you have it wired as a half ohm doesnt mean your amp is seeing a half ohm. i have a planet audio bb2400 wired at the amp as a .5 ohms but when i play it and hook my dmm up it reads 1.67 ohms

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

so have you concidered box rise? just because you have it wired as a half ohm doesnt mean your amp is seeing a half ohm. i have a planet audio bb2400 wired at the amp as a .5 ohms but when i play it and hook my dmm up it reads 1.67 ohms

Counting on rise to save your amplifier isn't the best thing to do. Music is dynamic, and with every change in frequency impedance changes. You may see above 1ohm at a certain frequency, and below 1ohm at another.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/88520-rise-this-rise-that-rise-the-other-thing/page__p__1212098#entry1212098

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

so if thats the case my planet audio should be up in smoke seeing its only one ohm stable yet i have my dual 2 lvl fours wired to it at .5 ohms. so tell me y it doesnt get super hott and not up in smoke?

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

so if thats the case my planet audio should be up in smoke seeing its only one ohm stable yet i have my dual 2 lvl fours wired to it at .5 ohms. so tell me y it doesnt get super hott and not up in smoke?

Because you can do something means everyone can/should do it.

Sound logic there.

Just run equipment the way it is meant to be run. You save yourself a lot of headache that way.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived