Jump to content

Help Me Choose New Front Components (/w Good Sound Quality)


moh.vze.com

Recommended Posts

Posted

Edit: I'm going to purchase the DLS MS6A's sometime next week for ~$230 unless someone else here thinks I should go with something else.

First of all, this is the amp I plan on using for my front components:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...;products_id=45

Specs:

Model Name : NINe.2 Amplifier

RMS Power @ 12.5v : 2 x 100 @4 Ohm, 2 x 200 @ 2Ohm

RMS Power (Bridged) @ 12.5v : 1 x 400 @ 4Ohm

These are my current front comps:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...;products_id=49

Specs:

Power Handling - 65/150

System Type - 2-Way

Frequency Response - 50Hz - 20KHz

Recommended Speaker Wire - 12-16Awg

System Sensitivity - 91dB

Final Impedance - 4 Ohm

Posted Image

What I am looking for: High sound quality front stage that I can listen to daily. I also don't want the tweets to be too harsh.

I want to be able to full blast my system sometimes so that the speakers can go loud without distortion also :).

I'm not too sure if this forum is the best place for help when it comes to "sound quality" speakers, but I guess I'll give it a try.

I know everyone on this forum are hardcore bass sub woofer people, but I'm sure there has got to be someone out there who is into sound quality and such ^_^.

I am hoping to get something that's way better than the eD 6000's. For those who haven't heard these, they are similiar to "CDT cl-61a" (according to another forum user).

I'm not into the fancy competitive scene. I just want something that sounds high quality and worth the money.

Please help me decide on what front comps I should get!

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Posted

check out hertz, Im sure they will do what ya want, me Im going with the RE XXX's

Posted

check out hertz, Im sure they will do what ya want, me Im going with the RE XXX's

Aren't RE XXX's for mad bass subs? Are they used for mids?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Guest MegaloManiac
Posted

I am far from a basshead lol....im sure others can back me up one that :P I listen to my music at a reasonable level. yeah im such a square.

With CDT you either like them or you dont ,from what I gather. For me I dont. I didnt like the overall "tonal" quality they produce, and felt there tweeters weren't acceptable in my books, they were bright, mids weren't warm at all.

Since you are currently running eD right now and you like how they sound then maybe the CDT wont be such a bad choice for YOU, because eD comps are rebadged CDTs. if you didnt know

oh btw the XXX comps will not be for you IMO, i feel they should be used in an application like meade and davids ride were the bass is just overpowering and they need to keep up with it. im not saying they are bad but they will not fit your needs that you desire.

Posted

I just bought a pair of infinity kappa perfects while that cardomain.com blowout was goin on for 212 shipped....amazing sq and loud as hell...maybe you can find a good deal

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...