Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

you can find tet tones in here

TEST Tones

You can also get some on SMD. I used some from this post:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-tuning-tutorial-and-downloadable-tones-new-tone-sweeps-up/

I got a few CD's with test tones on them, you should try to use a CD bass tone for best SQ and tuning.

You should grab a bass mechanics CD, they have all the test tones at 1411.2 kbit/s.

Here is a link for 1411.2 kbit/s test tones:

http://www.stompaudio.com/test-tones-c-6793.html

Edited by xStatezOfMindZx

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

actually wait, i don't understand what the difference between 0 db all the way to -8.8 db. Does it matter which one i use?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

0 is 0....-8.8......eh...its a minus,,,

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

actually wait, i don't understand what the difference between 0 db all the way to -8.8 db. Does it matter which one i use?

The dB numbers on the scale represent dB. (Decibels)

Negative numbers are smaller than zero. So, if 0 is the maximum, -12dB is 12 dB less than 0.

Use 0 db,that is the maximum without distortion. I would use 0db depending on my gear. Using the -8.8 db tones will help you tune your gear from quiet to loud without added distortion. The goal is to reach 0 db without distortion.

Did you read the post I quoted?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-tuning-tutorial-and-downloadable-tones-new-tone-sweeps-up/

Edited by xStatezOfMindZx

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

Haha, my thread was mentioned, bitchin!

As far as using different sized waves, I have an explanation on it in the tutorial, but I'll copy it here so you can read it right away.

People will tell you different things when it comes to what tone to use to set your gains. Some will say to use a 0dB tone, some will say to use a -3dB tone, and some say a -5db tone, some may even say a -10dB tone.

Now you may wonder, why would I want to tune my amp with a wave that is smaller? The answer is simple: Music is dynamic. It is not made up of 0dB tones, but by many rather smaller frequencies and notes layered together, waves on top of waves.

In an audio file the highest point that a wave can be without clipping off (it's maximum clean size) is referred to as 0dB, and anything less than that is referred to as -x.xdB (however many dB under a full wave.)

Now in music you have frequencies your tweeters pick up on top of frequencies your midrages/midbasses pick up on top of frequencies your subwoofers pick up. When you start using your amps filter (in this case your bass amp's low pass filter) you are removing the frequencies you don't want that driver to reproduce, and are left with the frequencies you do want. When you start removing the notes that are layered on top of the bass notes, the notes shrink back down to their natural sizes.

Let's use the song 'Man I' by Gorilla Zoe for reference. Even though the song fills up the audacity display window from peak to peak at points, when you use the low pass filter on it set to 80Hz@12dB/octave you are actually receiving about -13dB of music (bass) instead of 0dB. This means that there is room to increase the output of the bass safely. Almost every song is like this, and that is why it is safe to use a negative amplitude tone to tune your amp.

How do I know what tone I should use though? It's simple, if you like listening to bass boosted music, such as Decaf's music, use no more than a -5dB tone, if you just listen to regular non-boosted music you may be safe up to a -10dB tone. Choose the tones based on the type of music you listen to.

Use whatever tone you feel safe with.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want