Okay, so I need some simple flat stock aluminum or copper bus bars. I found a link to a site on here a while back to a metal shop, and it had pretty much anything I needed, but I've searched, and can't seem to find it again. Anyone here know of a simple site to find this on?

mivtCK.png

And also, one other thing. What is a good material and thickness to use for bus bars? I need 2 pieces about 3' long. I believe that copper, though it is the best, will be way to expensive for my budget. I know aluminum is the next way to go, but is it possible to use stainless? And what thickness do you guys normally use on the bars?

mivtCK.png

U could always look up metal yards, not scrap but actual metal fab yards in the phone book. Usually you can buy their scrap from projects they finished by the pound for reasonable prices.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

As far as thickness, I believe singer used 1"x1" aluminum bar for the suburban he just did, what are u looking to actually make?

Edited by kryptonite

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

As far as thickness, I believe singer used 1"x1" aluminum bar for the suburban he just did, what are u looking to actually make?

I'm actually making a bus bar. I found a site called onlinemetals.com and they seem to have everything, but they just have so many choices of different thicknesses and etc. I just wanted to be sure of an ideal measurment. I was thinking 1" thick, but just wanted to make sure.

mivtCK.png

I told someone about it in a similar topic and you posted saying you liked it or whatever.

Oh...prolly did. Thats probably the thread I got the website off of that I can't remember anymore. Anyways, so you say .25" thickness will work fine?

mivtCK.png