DC Sound Lab

I H8 Level 5's; you thought you had it bad?

Well...I have been battling 2 small cracks in the front of my roof for years....I looked at it today to find a solution other than windoweld (works great btw)

Lo and behold the middle of my roof is now seriously F^#@! up.

WP_000554.jpg

WP_000553.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/whengodcallstimeout/Photo_CCAA0840-A613-2FE1-EC97-07FA1A20B610.jpg

I blame this on the level 5's.

Ill pump more expanding foam in there and just window weld the ever living s%@@ out of it. Might be time for some diamond plate.

I couldnt believe this crack just tore itself open in such a short time. I now have a roof that looks like swiss cheese :(

I felt like sharing :)

I showed you mine, show me yours

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Well...I have been battling 2 small cracks in the front of my roof for years....I looked at it today to find a solution other than windoweld (works great btw)

Lo and behold the middle of my roof is now seriously F^#@! up.

WP_000554.jpg

WP_000553.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/whengodcallstimeout/Photo_CCAA0840-A613-2FE1-EC97-07FA1A20B610.jpg

I blame this on the level 5's.

Ill pump more expanding foam in there and just window weld the ever living s%@@ out of it. Might be time for some diamond plate.

I couldnt believe this crack just tore itself open in such a short time. I now have a roof that looks like swiss cheese :(

I felt like sharing :)

I showed you mine, show me yours

wow

Show your roofcrack pics?

That is with fiberglass headliner and expansion foam above it and reinforced roof braces....this part the expansion foam wasnt touching as it was behind the wall...oh well live and learn.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Same thing happened to my Sport similar to the crack on yours going north to south, but not even close to the cracks going side to side. I have 2 layers of Damp Pro and re-enforced the roof brace right behind the front seats.

Explorer Sport roofs are pretty weak, but yours sounds like it was pretty stout.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

I window welded it i hope that it holds....I may fill the grooves in the roof with resin and some sand or something. Just to add a small amount of rigidity

I will probably take it somwhere to get the strongest bedliner possible put on the roof to "glue" it all together?

Any other ideas?

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP