Cliping help

any one know when the KDC-MP142 starts to clip? :pardon:

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

Check in the thread where headunits clip at and look for a similar headunit to yours. it wont be exact but itll give you a rough estimate

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

the first post on that thread says a Kenwood KDC-MP238 is clip free up to 34 out of 35. its probably the same as yours

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

lol yeah saw that thanks guys. im only doin about 25 lol ima bump it up too 30. kinda off topic but i have my gain on my amp like a dot away from full its a older TMA 1000.1 running about 750 @ 2ohms you think its clipping? it gets pretty hot would turing it down then turing the bassboost on the deck on be better?

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

lol yeah saw that thanks guys. im only doin about 25 lol ima bump it up too 30. kinda off topic but i have my gain on my amp like a dot away from full its a older TMA 1000.1 running about 750 @ 2ohms you think its clipping? it gets pretty hot would turing it down then turing the bassboost on the deck on be better?

its most likely clipping bad lol

Edited by RickyFriery97

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Wait why would i turn it down to make my HU clip? that makes no sence... and ive turned it down sence. tomorrow i will put a O-Scope to it and get it tuned in. any tips?

Very bad... And turning it down just to make your HU clip doesnt solve anything

BC 264 stage 2 cams

couldent do the oscope... he dosent have the right connectors or what ever.... but i turned it down like 1/4 of the way should this help? i mean i think it soundes better.. lol :shrug:

BC 264 stage 2 cams

couldent do the oscope... he dosent have the right connectors or what ever.... but i turned it down like 1/4 of the way should this help? i mean i think it soundes better.. lol :shrug:

That sucks man.

That should definitely have helped but i'd turn it down just a little bit more to be sure until you can get it checked with an O-scope

Edited by eltortuga94

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading