Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i need ur advice on a ported box, it's my first time doing this so don't laught lol. My subwoofer is Alpine swr-12420.

Subwoofer specs:

frequency response: 24-200 Hz

power handling: 300-600 watts RMS (300 watts per coil)

peak power: 1,800 watts

sensitivity: 85 dB

top-mount depth: 6-3/8"

sealed box volume: 0.65-1.25 cu. ft.

ported box volume: 1.0-2.0 cu. ft.

I'm gonna wire it on 2 ohms and my amp can hit 900w rms @ 2 ohms stable. The owner's manual has this specs for the box

2dqr6s.png

This is what i came up with, i need an advice if it's okay or not

vdfyq1.png

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SethBv

whats up man this is a good point to start for a single 12. from what i noticed from the more advanced members is when you are running more power than rms on ported boxes you shrink the internal box volume a little so the sub can handle the additional power without bottoming out. for a faster response you may want to directly message some of the guys who are on teams/compete as they have the build experience on more boxes or try the chat a lot them hangout there. stay bumpin

As i said, i have never done this before, so i used that program cuzz it gives me the cutting lenghts too so i have a lower chance of messing it up. Anyways, how many db's do u think i will hit with it? I'm not building it for spl only, i want both SPL and SQ, so 33hz should be ok right? :)

Well, the best way to learn is by doing :drinks: Nobody can tell you how loud your system is going to be because too many things play a factor in it. Anybody who even guesses is literally just making a number up off the top of their head.

33hz should be a fine tuning

The program most people use is Torres Box Building Calculator. It's a free download here on the forum and is much more accurate than the one you used

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

I would do something like 1.75 cubic feet and a single 4" aeroport :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I made a google sketchup 3d model with those dimensions and the port (L2) has a pretty big gap..is it okay or should i make it smaller?

ac742b.png

nevermind, technical error (dimension missread lol)

2s1sqxy.png

problem fixed :)

Edited by SethBv