HID Pictures & Questions

Guest MegaloManiac

so then what u r sayin is spend the money on beefin up the electrical, then get the hid's or should they be fine....cause i could juss keep the bass down for awhile till i had enough for the electical, im in a bit of a bind.... what should i do

hids run off 12v, im assuming they use the same amount of power as a halogen light bulb except they are brighter due to the amount of "great" efficiency.

Call up BMW and see if you can get a set of factory HIDs to fit in the fog lights so it will match the lowbeams :D

[glow=red,2,300]factory hids are $800...for one... lol[/glow]

ya for 30 bucks id do it... are they hids?

nope halogen but the color matches the hids...

Fuck no wonder so many people steal them around here...

Did you check for them on eBay?

nope but theres a reason why theyre so expensive they cant just change out the bulb they have to change out the whole headlight housing because its specially presurized i dunno thats what the guy said to me when i asked why they just couldnt fix it... those dilweeds still havent called me back how long does it take to ship a part... well anyway thats understandable and 800 bucks for a housing hidbulb and etc. and computer is not that bad actually

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if by chance anyone knows if ONEX is a good brand of hid? (not sure if thats the bulb or the ballast or both)

Theres a GB on the cobalt projectors for 215 now and 200 if ~30 more peeps join but another vender offered hids for them for 195 if i were to do the GB. So im seeing if its a good idea

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

oh ive also been told that hids tend to get bluer over time... so should i get something like a 6k instead of going with the 8k to get less blue from the start?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I was wondering if by chance anyone knows if ONEX is a good brand of hid? (not sure if thats the bulb or the ballast or both)

Theres a GB on the cobalt projectors for 215 now and 200 if ~30 more peeps join but another vender offered hids for them for 195 if i were to do the GB. So im seeing if its a good idea

ive never heard of it try to stick with brands like mcculloch or phillips

http://search.ebay.com/mcculloch-hid_W0QQf...itsearchZSearch

lot of people use those for after market hids and theyre pretty good

oh ive also been told that hids tend to get bluer over time... so should i get something like a 6k instead of going with the 8k to get less blue from the start?

yes they do but not THAT  much... theyll get bluer by like 200-400k not 2000k

Archived