2 18's in a 92 Honda Prelude

Damn that is one nice Lude! Definitely peaked my interest.

Expanding foam would help add some rigidity, but it's a mess and pretty much irreversible. Like tonedeaf said, bracing is pretty much about all that works for panel flex.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Damn that is one nice Lude! Definitely peaked my interest.

Expanding foam would help add some rigidity, but it's a mess and pretty much irreversible. Like tonedeaf said, bracing is pretty much about all that works for panel flex.

Thank you! How should i bond the inside of the body to the panel for support? Gorilla glue?

Update: I got a lot of work done on the box today and I'll have pictures up by tomorrow afternoon

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

The lude sitting in the garage. In these pictures it looks like I'm using a lot a different kinds of wood but it is all MDF. Some pieces just have a thin layer of some other wood on them. It's all going to be coated with fiberglass and resin so i figure it doesn't matter anyways, especially when I can get wood like this for free

GEDC0018.jpg

Here's the bracing that's going inside the box

GEDC0016.jpg

Clean slate

GEDC0004.jpg

Trunk all cleaned out

GEDC0005.jpg

Starting to cut the pieces out

GEDC0006.jpg

Side pieces cut out

GEDC0008.jpg

Slanted piece

GEDC0009.jpg

Starting to move this puppy into the trunk ;)

GEDC0010.jpg

Side pieces for the trunk

GEDC0011.jpg

Here's the top piece. The woofer's will be going on each side

GEDC0012.jpg

Random woofer/amp pics

GEDC0013.jpg

GEDC0017.jpg

View from the back

GEDC0014.jpg

Back sheet made

GEDC0015.jpg

That's all for now folks. Taking the day off tomorrow to hopefully get a lot more done

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Nice build so far those doors look crazy! Nice lude it doesn't look as ricey as the newer lude that had the body kit and stuff. Can't wait to see those 18s bang

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

Very nice! I'm gonna throw my vote in for coilovers! Then you can adjust them so the height is perfect!

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Nice build so far those doors look crazy! Nice lude it doesn't look as ricey as the newer lude that had the body kit and stuff. Can't wait to see those 18s bang

Thanks man! and yeah i know me too

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I have a 93

Gotta system in it?

Very nice! I'm gonna throw my vote in for coilovers! Then you can adjust them so the height is perfect!

Thanks! Someday ill get some! i just really don't have the moneys for them :nea:

Seeing this makes me want to get another car and start a build.

Keep it up, can't wait to see this finished.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Seeing this makes me want to get another car and start a build.

Keep it up, can't wait to see this finished.

haha doo it! & thanks. I got alot done on the box but haven't taken any pictures yet. Ill put some up tomorrow. I got all of the inside edges of the box fiberglassed.

All i have left to do is:

Get some of those screw in bolt things to make my port removable

Put bracing(dowels) on the inside of the box

Finish glassing and laying resin down on the inside

Put the top pieces on

Then sometime I'll have to carpet it

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I have a 93

Gotta system in it?

I've had a few in it but it's currently sitting in my back yard with about half an engine. Dropped a turbo on it around March of 06, went to the track with a crap boost controller on it 4th of July weekend and spiked to around 20psi (instead of the 10psi I should have been running) a few too many times. 3 of 4 pistons let go on me on the way home July 4th 06 and it's been down since.

Eventually, it'll live again but I haven't decided if it'll be turbo again with a smaller system or back to stock (engine wise) with a little more in it.

This was one of the installs (I think it was around summer of 04)

DSC01234.jpg

Archived