Saz2500d electrical ?

Hello

I'm planning on getting saz 2500 for 2 sa10's and was wondering if my electrical is good for it. It's a BMW 325i with stock 120a alternator, stock BMW battery and kinetik hc1800. Since both batteries are in the back, all wiring will be short. Do I need another battery or am I fine. Amp will be ran at 1 ohm.

Edited by LoudBimmer

You should probably do a run of 1/0 from the alternator to the back batteries and then upgrade your engine and battery grounds

Edited by 6berry

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

yeah now im kinda worried :P cuz i got a tight budget (The guy at a local shop said just to do the big 3 and run 0 gauge and get a second battery (he suggested a vmax3400) and that would be good for now - just until i can save up to buy a h/o alt.)

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

I think youd be fine with just another battery to be honest.

Do what 6berry said, a direct 1/0 from alternator to the AGM battery in the back.

BIG 3 of course if you haven't dont it yet.

Then I would look into a decent size XS power battery and I think youll be fine. Since you said you wanna add a battery and call it a day.

I would try to grab a pretty big XS battery, and then keep the KHC1800 that you got and monitor it without the lead acid battery...but if you HAVE to match the kinetik batteries, id go with the biggest Kinetik battery you can find. I think its like the KHC3800 or something... and monitor that. Or you could sell the KHC1800 on craigslist, get rid of the stock battery and pick up 2 XS AGM batts. If you wanna go with kinetik you could get 2 of the biggest you can afford. Two 3800 preferably, or you could probably get away with two KHC2400s but definitly the 3800 if your budget allows.

BUT

if it was me, I would grab atleast ONE big XS battery and wire it with the khc1800. monitor that, if your getting too much voltage drop, id drop the kinetik and pick up another BIG xs battery.

Edited by rickyfromthe407

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

ricky, would the set up i was speaking about work? cuz xs costs a pretty penny

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

ricky, would the set up i was speaking about work? cuz xs costs a pretty penny

To be honest, I have never ran those "Vmax" batteries that you speak of. I dont even know who makes them. I would assume VMAX lol. BUT I have ran Kinetik and XS and XS blows them out of the water miserably.

You could always experiment.

But I can tell you right now you MUST do the big 3. no 2 ways about it.

Heres what I would do.

BIG 3, then run alternator with 1/0 to Kinetik in the back.

Run kinetik and your stock battery on the system, and DONT push it to your limits, run it for maybe 15-30 minutes and monitor how the voltage is.

If you see the voltage getting in the low 12s ( which I am pretty sure you will ) I wouldn't let it go below 12.5 especially if you can see it declining.

I dont think what you have right now with what i listed above is gonna cut it, but I would still test it because I am cheap, but dont let it hurt your equiptment by running too low of voltage.

If that doesnt solve it. Id go for a battery. Which you buy is your choice. But if you can afford XS id go with them. After using Kinetik then switching to XS i say XS is worth the extra penny, ( keep in mind I said I have never ran that vmax ) so I am not sure how they stack up in price or performance )

But I would test it with the above items, and then let us know when you do the BIG 3 and the alternator thing, then get back to us and let us know how it performs. And we could better advice you from there.

Not knowing how it performs with the BIG 3 and the alternator ran to the batt , giving you any info after that info ( for me atleast ) would just be guessing.

But like I said, come back after you do the big 3 and I can help you more, or im sure some other people on the forum know more than I do about the VMAX and could recommend. Big 3 you will notice a WORLD of difference though.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!