This is a build I am doing for my buddy who has sadly been without a system practically since he got his Civic Si in like 2008. It is a budget build so keep that in mind. The end goal is to face the subs forward and seal off the trunk but for now I am just building the enclosure then will design that part.

Equipment:

Power Acoustik SL4-1000 because I have a spare one I was gonna use for my components.

Hifonics HFX12D4 x2

Ok so now onto the build. It is a standard L-port with ~1.7cuft per sub tuned to ~32hz (can be seen in the calc screenshot below). Bracing displacement is off but doesn't change much.

dual_HFX12D_dimensions-1.jpg

Sketchup model

dual_HFX12D.jpg

Cuts

IMG_2556.jpg

And piecing it together

IMG_2557.jpg

jasper jig and a punch to make sure the stupid drill bit didn't move like it always does <_<

IMG_2558.jpg

Rounded the inner side of the circles, dunno if it helps but looks and feels nicer

IMG_2559.jpg

45s are a pita without a table saw. half chop saw half hand saw and boom 45 :yahoo:

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

That is it for now, want to make sure I can fit it into the trunk opening before I finish it. I will get pics of the car and the finished enclosure in the next day or so.

Edited by dcofer

Eh it was next to me so I threw it in. Yeah I wanna hear these things too I've heard some good things about them as economy subs. Buddy is being lame and not letting me test fit it before I finish it, dun wanna build something and then have to junk it cuz his trunk opening sucks haha

I was gonna do my next build with these. Wanted to do 10 12's in a clam in my hatchback. But I decided on 4 15's haha

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I was gonna do my next build with these. Wanted to do 10 12's in a clam in my hatchback. But I decided on 4 15's haha

That would be a pretty sick build, and for only ~$500 in subs shipped haha. 4 15's is also a good direction, i like the look of the bigger subs, just looks clean.

Buddy should be stoppin by in the next couple hours so hopefully the enclosure build will be finished today and loaded. Then I just need to figure out the sealing from the trunk, kinda pita when I dun have the car here for a day haha. Any suggestions on that portion? I have never sealed off the trunk before, I figure some mdf and foam should be the easiest way but any ideas are welcome. (would do fiberglass but no experience and not my money haha)

My buddy came by and we test fit then finished the box not too long ago, turned out pretty good. These cars have pretty big trunks and openings, I was surprised.

Here is the car '08 Civic Si

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

final box pics

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

box installed

PICT0011.jpg

No videos due to not having a camera that can take worthy video, but for how they are sitting and the fact that they are chap subs they get down. Once they are forward and sealed off and on a better amp they will sound really good (the trunk rattle annoys me but that's why I drive a jeep)