Sundown Audio

question about modding an amp

MACnonsence6

i have an ap1800 that i would like to mod to be able to make 2200 watts rms stable @ .25 ohm

wanting a little project so if replacing parts is needed i can do that just wondering what i would take to this amp to make that possible.

any help,opinions,or random thoughts would be helpfull.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i have an ap1800 that i would like to mod to be able to make 2200 watts rms stable @ .25 ohm

wanting a little project so if replacing parts is needed i can do that just wondering what i would take to this amp to make that possible.

any help,opinions,or random thoughts would be helpfull.

Just because you drop the ohm load doesn't mean your gonna get more power.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

something tells me that unless you have SERIOUS mechanical/electrical experience your not going to be able to do it...

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

this^^^^

and do you even have the electrical for .25

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

i wasnt thinking i could just drop impedence and make that power i was asking what would be needed to be done to allow that amp to make that power at that impedence of even .5-1 ohm

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i wasnt thinking i could just drop impedence and make that power i was asking what would be needed to be done to allow that amp to make that power at that impedence of even .5-1 ohm

You would probably have to send it to someone, and it would cost more than the amps worth, by the time they are finished with it.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

if i can make it a better sounding amp that puts out more clean power then before and not go over 160 id be happy. i wana try to do it my self so im just asking where i should start

if i can make it a better sounding amp that puts out more clean power then before and not go over 160 id be happy. i wana try to do it my self so im just asking where i should start

Not trying to burst your bubble.. but i really just dont think its possible without MAJOR modifications.

Like rewiring the whole board..

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Not gonna happen for 160.

Replace/double-up all transistors and driver IC's. Thats probably $250 right there. Replace/double-up all internal power wires.

Thats the fast and "cheap" method. If it doesnt blow up after that you can count yourself lucky. If it blows up, its trash and you're out ~$300+amp cost.

Its not worth it unless you're an electrical engineer looking for something to waste time on.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived