Sundown Audio

That is correct. We try to rate them so it's literally impossible to damage them with an amp of rated size (TRY is the key word).

The dust cap warmth is totally normal and also a sign the coil ventilation is working well -- the dust cap pumps air in and back out of the motor so it makes contact with all the hot air generated in the motor.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

jacob you designed the skar audio VVX-12 is that correct? if so does the inverted dustcap on the VVX work the same as the SA in cooling? or is the dustcap on the VVX not supposed to get warm? does the VVX handle the same abuse as the SA?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

That is correct. We try to rate them so it's literally impossible to damage them with an amp of rated size (TRY is the key word).

The dust cap warmth is totally normal and also a sign the coil ventilation is working well -- the dust cap pumps air in and back out of the motor so it makes contact with all the hot air generated in the motor.

Thanks Jacob. Im really loving these subs. They are incredable. I figured it was normal to get warm by everything I have read, but I was not sure how warm was normal. I guess as long as its not smoking im good! lol I have watched hundreds of videos on these subs before I made my decision and I would have to say that these are the most abused subs I have seen on youtube and they just take it like a champ.

one way or another your sub will get warm, cause about 30-40% of power going to it transfers into heat.

At one point it started to stink so I let off but I was really giving it alot. The sub is only a week old so Im still in the break in period.

I smell clip.......

and if they stink after 4 mins of playing then you need to find someone with a scope!

Dustcap warmth is normal, as stated above.

one way or another your sub will get warm, cause about 30-40% of power going to it transfers into heat.

Interestingly enough it's more like 99% on most speakers -- not many bass speakers get over 1% efficient.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

At one point it started to stink so I let off but I was really giving it alot. The sub is only a week old so Im still in the break in period.

I smell clip.......

and if they stink after 4 mins of playing then you need to find someone with a scope!

Dustcap warmth is normal, as stated above.

The 4min youtube video is not when it started to stink. It was fine then. I was just wondering about how warm the dust cap should get. The time i started to smell it was when I was showing off. I have a 45min drive to and from work so after abusing it for 45min on my way home I pulled in the drive and one of my friends was there to check it out. Thats when I really laid into it and started to smell it.