DC Sound Lab

Hey guys, just searching the forums today.

I had my mind made up on level 4's for my build. Gonnda do 4 15" level 4's, but im thinking i want to go with the XL instead. I tried finding info on them but cant seem to find anything such as how much power they can handle or anything like that. So whats the difference between the XL and a regular level 4. If i end up running 4 of these how big of an amp would be good to run these?

Hey guys, just searching the forums today.

I had my mind made up on level 4's for my build. Gonnda do 4 15" level 4's, but im thinking i want to go with the XL instead. I tried finding info on them but cant seem to find anything such as how much power they can handle or anything like that. So whats the difference between the XL and a regular level 4. If i end up running 4 of these how big of an amp would be good to run these?

DC 7.5 or 9 K, Sounddigital 8 K, or have a look here for 2 SAZ amps in this wattrange.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Alright seems like they can handle 2500 watts a piece right? As for my electrical I have a d3100 to put in the back and gonna order a mech an or dc alt haven decided why company (dc went up on prices though :/ ) and I'll be putting as big of a xs batt under the hood. What else do I need for these?

for 4 XLs id run two DC 5ks strapped.

id have atleast dual alts if it were me though, biggest XS battery i could fit under the hood, and3-4 D3100s in the back

with 4+ runs of 1/0

Edited by RickyFriery97

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I have 4 XL dcs and 2 3.5ks strapped at .5 ohm..you can watch my videos and what not and easily see that they can handle more power than that (i will upgrade soon when i get another mechman alt in my stock location)

I was in the same situation you were i was gonna do the lvl 4s instead of the XLs and i was talking to rusty about it and he told me when they went from 4s to xls in the CRX they saw a .6 db gain by dropping them into the exact same box so its a good investment i think.

long story short like people before have said strapped 5ks for sure!! they will handle it all day if in the right box

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/