I have a 5 speed so that wasn't an option for me on running wire through. As for the alt to batt. wire. It will be going from the altenator to the fuse holder closest to the battery in the above pic. Then from there to the battery.

Nice door I like how its a simple speaker and crossover, its not over the top just clean and simple. Nice so far I'll.be tuned in

Thanks! That is exactly what I was going for.

I think I said it somewhere earlier in this thread, one of the reasons for building this is because, it seems every show I go to there is some pimple face kid telling me what is wrong with my setup. " Your box is too small, your amp is too small, you should get my buddy to hook you up he has two 15s and his is loud". just meaningless crap that I finally got tired of hearing. The original setup was purely for show, glossy black box w/pinstriping and chrome compressors and tank all in the hatch area where it was in full view for everyone. This new setup is to show that you don't necessarily have to have a wall of speakers to get decent sounding system.

I got a lot done yesterday. I was tired and didn't even get on the computer when I came in.

The stuff I did yesterday was just wiring stuff so nothing really to take pics of. Part of it was wiring in my new switchbox for the airride. It includes a remote up and down feature. I wired this into my shaved door kit. So, now I can raise or lower the car from my key fob. B)

I hope to get even more done today.

I got a lot done yesterday. I was tired and didn't even get on the computer when I came in.

The stuff I did yesterday was just wiring stuff so nothing really to take pics of. Part of it was wiring in my new switchbox for the airride. It includes a remote up and down feature. I wired this into my shaved door kit. So, now I can raise or lower the car from my key fob. :cool:

I hope to get even more done today.

Air ride sounds awesome!!! How about a small vid showing it off? Man I love this car!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I finally got most of the prep work done. So, I started on the box today. :woot: It has been a lot of measuring and trying things in different places in order to try and make this look better than just a rectangular box thrown in the back. The box will be pretty close to the mounts for the factory shelf. I had to notch it around some bulges in the rear panels.

box3.jpg

box5.jpg

box5.jpg

I then 'glassed the seams. Doing this part proved to give me a fit when it came time to put the port and another panel in. The 'glass was not allowing the pieces to fit the way they should. I had to grind a little to make the pieces fit.

box6.jpg

I have more done than the pics show. The batteries died on me while working. I will take more pics tomorrow. I have the port in the box and the front panel, where the wiring will be, cut.

Archived