I got a heck of a deal on that hood, 200 bucks!! :) As for the stuff hanging down, it is spider webs. I had it set up with spiders and webs for the show but, had to take some of it up to pull into the lane.

No way! $200 DAMN where did you steal that from? Isn't that a PTeazer hood?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Yep, someone wrecked their show car and I ended up with the hood. :) I am on the lookout for a steel s10 cowl hood. I want to cut the cowl off and put it on my stock hood.

Awesome work man keep it up

Yep, someone wrecked their show car and I ended up with the hood. :) I am on the lookout for a steel s10 cowl hood. I want to cut the cowl off and put it on my stock hood.

So does that mean if you do that, then you would sell me your hood for your money back? :peepwall:

Actually I was thinking the same thing, except I thought about glassing up a new hood next summer!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Looks awesome... Nice work very clean.

Pioneer deh-8300UB

6- Image Dynamics CSX6.5v2

4-Image Dynamics XS-28 tweeters

4-Sundown Audio sa8v2's

1-Sundown Audio SAX-200.4

1-Sundown Audio SAX-1200d

1-Mechman 270a alternator

1-XS Power D3400 under hood

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Deadener

Kicker & Knukoncept 1/0 wiring

Big 3 upgrade

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a problem with voltage drop since the new equipment went in. I knew I needed to add a second battery to help with my power needs. I was planning on just adding a second Optima in the rear but, as luck would have it I came across a good deal on a XS Power D2700. I want to mount it under the car with the air tank. After taking some careful measurements I found that the battery just isn't going underneath the car right now. So, I have decided to install it inside the car until I redo the rear suspension setup.

I built a box out of 2" x 1/8" angle. I added a couple of brackets to mount it to the box.

100_1210.jpg

There is a space between the box and the bracket for the trim panel to fit back in place. This helped make it stay pretty clean looking.

100_1212.jpg

The XS Power battery fit in there VERY snug. I dont think I have to worry about it sliding around at all.

100_1214.jpg

This has definitely helped with my power woes. No more dimming lights! YAAAYYY!!!!! :) I hope it helps my spl number too!!

Well, I went to a local comp yesterday. I was curious to see how the changes (battery and box volume) would effect my number. I gained almost 2db! I went from a 137.4 to a 139.2. I need to get some testing time in on a meter. I simply played what sounded the loudest to my ears. The 137 was @ 37hz and the 139 was@ 44hz. To explain the box volume change, the original size was 1.8^3ft. tuned to around 34hz. This sounded good overall and GREAT on rap music. It played pretty low and hit good at the lower frequencies. (Two shots was one of my favorite demo songs.) I took some bocks of MDF, glued and screwed them inside. I used enough to lower the volume to around 1.4^3 ft. This raised the port tuning to 37hz. It doesn't play the songs with the lows as well (still ok though) but it does a lot better on the rock/metal that I love so much. :) Like I said I want to get some time with a meter to tweak everything. I really want to see a 140+ out of this.

Archived