Sonic Electronix

I just heard a Ground Zero Plutonium 18" on two Audiopipe 3k's strapped with a 20 hertz box tuning, low end was good, but other than that everything in the mid range totally fell off hardcore, whats peoples reasoning for tuning this low, my BTL on 2k rms had a louder low 30s to high 30s range than this vehicle did.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

Nobody tunes that low. Not that I've ever heard of. 26-28hz is absurdly low, nevermind 20. 33-35 is usually a safe bet for daily tuning. I usually drop down to 30 at the lowest for any box I design if someone's looking for real low lows (some of Decaf's stuff or slowed music). Most people can hardly even hear that low and almost no music is made to play that low.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Some people just love getting loud down LOW. Everyone likes different ranges of low notes. I personally love the 20-28Hz range, and will be tuned low so I can play it well. Just look at Iceman's van, that thing is tuned to about 22Hz and it's an insane low end monster, some people just find that appealing. :shrug:

Oh yeah, it also allows you to move more air easier, meaning better hairtricks.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I just heard a Ground Zero Plutonium 18" on two Audiopipe 3k's strapped with a 20 hertz box tuning, low end was good, but other than that everything in the mid range totally fell off hardcore, whats peoples reasoning for tuning this low, my BTL on 2k rms had a louder low 30s to high 30s range than this vehicle did.

Some ppl think its just cool to tune that low and loose all output about 30~35hz,

Some ppl just listen to super slowed music and think they need to tune that low,

Personally I like the super loud lows better than the pain of loud 40 hz music, but im smart enough to not tune to 20hz to achieve it.

some just wanna say, yea im tuned to 20hz

there are lots more reasons too most likely, but mostly ppl just dont know that they can get alot of the same output down low with a higher tuning,

It is good for hairtricks though..

i accidentally had my box for my xxx 15 tuned to 23 hz and hated it. it sucked ass once it got above like 32. well it all depends on your setup i guess. look at gary killian, his ports are tuned to 24 hz and he peaks at like 26 or something.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Dunno, for the most part it sounded like shit, the box was like 6 inchs from the ceiling with the sub and port firing up in a 01' 2 door blazer, zero sound deadener, mids and highs without an amplifier just sounded like crap, plus his box was 4 cubes for a 18" and he said he needs to shrink it atleast a cube and a half more which really doesnt make sense to me, I'm not an audio expert by any means but I wouldn't toss an 18" into 2.5 cubes anyday.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

I have a 10" Assassin in 1.5ft^3 at 28hz and it has no issues playing up as high as you need it to, and it also has great low-end output, as you can imagine.

Every sub behaves differently in a certain situation. Just because someone's setup can't play well above 50hz in a low tuned box doesn't mean that every low tuned box has that same issue.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...