Sonic Electronix

I would agree with most on the out look of car stereos as a hobby/ as a career. Most would say that they love car audio: building boxes, custom works, amps, speakers BUT like those who have stated before it does burn you out very quick doing the very same thing that you loved to do. Being a certified MECP paid installer I went to school got my certs and work doing what I love to do. Yes! am I burnt out doing this every day for 8-9hrs a day for almost six years. We as installers strive to learn new things and to keep the car stereo business alive even through some of the hardest economies that we have seen for some time. AGREED with srp365 that you cant just walk up to a shop and ask for the reins of the shop, hell you cant even walk up to a shop and demand for a job because you think you can install. Most shops are looking for education/ certs to help prove you know what your doing, then secondly they look for experience with either auto or other install shops. Cant afford to take their shop manager and teach someone how to professionally install in customers cars. Its working from the bottom up, but finally after about 6 yrs of hard work, learning, knowledge I will be taking over the business to make more than the average installer/fabricator of 20,000-25,000 a year.

i'm keeping car audio as hobby only and getting college degree in completely different field that got high salaries to support my hobby and other stuff...

That sounds like the way to go. Working in a shop sounds fun now but I have a feeling I'll regret not going a different route.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

It all depends on the shop and location. I been doing this for 5 years now professionally. I have worked at shops where 25K was doing well, and other were 50K or more was possible. Most installers are paid on commission, and pay is great from Oct.-April. It's been my experience that summers are slow; even more so now than when i started.

Most shops have go to guys for certain tasks and you want to be the alarm guy most of the time. A wider variety of customers want alarms. Most of the time you will be doing a radio and two or radio and four install. Being certified got me in the door and I started at Circuit City; which actually paid decent. Now I have an electronic's degree and paint as well.

Edited by BCarter

Eye Kandy Kustomz

2414 E. Napoleon St.

Sulphur, LA 70663

(337)313-3121

[email protected]

Eye Kandy Kustomz Page

My Page

i'm keeping car audio as hobby only and getting college degree in completely different field that got high salaries to support my hobby and other stuff...

Exactly what I'm doing. Hoping to be a certified personal accountant. That should pay the bills nicely if I can get in with the right people.

i'm doing something similar, financial adviser and financial analyst, really good pay and a lot of openings...