Sonic Electronix

It seems like 12v installers are lucky to get more than a 25k salary. Anyone know about advanced installs and fabrication jobs? Average salary? I'm not trying to make a full career out of cause I'm not tryin to ruin a good hobby but just a job to have for a while.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

It seems like 12v installers are lucky to get more than a 25k salary. Anyone know about advanced installs and fabrication jobs? Average salary? I'm not trying to make a full career out of cause I'm not tryin to ruin a good hobby but just a job to have for a while.

Good luck. I tried a long time ago and found out that you won't make much money installing. You'll do better managing or running a shop, but you don't just walk up and manage a shop. I'd suggest doing something else like sell cars or become an A/C tech then do car audio for fun. You're lucky as hell to be able to do what you love as a job and not end up having that job consumes you and making you hate what you used to love. Much love to those who achieved it!

EDIT: little grammar fix.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I asked this question some time back, and everyone told me to keep it strictly as a hobby, and to find a well paying job so I can support this hobby. Do car audio in my off time, and work towards a different career (and monies)...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

my buddy that got me into car audio, he worked at a shop for a few months,

he hates it now, he used to saty up all night with me buildin boes and rewiring shit as a hobby. he wont fuck with it now, he brings his shit to me :lol:

but another one of my friends has worked as a installer for over a year now and he loves it :shrug:

i could never do it

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I do it during the summer time at my dads shop. It's cool cause I learn new stuff every day (and learning from this site) but you do get burnt out on it quick. My truck has been sitting completely bare besides the driver seat for 2 months because by te time I get off work messing with more stereo stuff doesn't sound fun to me. Edit: also the installs I do are your typical people who say "a probox is the loudest box" and " I want my system to be able to win comps, but I only want to pay 400 dollars." that also burns me out quite a bit because therefore awhile I tried explaining building a box and buying at least decent equipment will make a world of difference. Now I just install whatever it is they say they want and don't try explaining to people like that.

Edited by JustinWillmon

I love doing what i do money sucks honestly lol. But i can't lie and say some parts of this sucks just people talking down on you and that kinda thing. But keeping personal builds and stuff to myself and doing stuff for me and my friends at my shop at the house is what keeps it fun if i was stuck there i wouldn't like doing it as much.

i'm keeping car audio as hobby only and getting college degree in completely different field that got high salaries to support my hobby and other stuff...

Exactly what I'm doing. Hoping to be a certified personal accountant. That should pay the bills nicely if I can get in with the right people.

I will say car audio as a job, keeping certificates learning as much as possible on the electric side opens doors for other career paths. I left car audio and got into appliance repair. Within 3 years leaving car audio and just keeping what I learned I can fix $40,000 ovens $10,000 fryers and industrial speed cookers. In the field I went from about $20k yr in car audio to $40k yr doing commercial appliance repair- no schooling other than car audio on hands and mecp. I decided to quit appliance repair and work for myself. But all Im saying is car audio installation does open doors in the electronics field cabinet shops boat repair and car repair tech jobs.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Back in 05-06 before i opened my own shop i made 52k a year. Strictly on commission.

Most green installers will make about 20k untill you are able to do custom fab.

If you cant do alarms, overhead video, oem integration, fiberglass work. Then you are green. If you havent been doing it for 5 years, you are green. Dont expect much until you are able to tackle any car for any job

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz