Second Skin Audio

box for a piar of 18s

so after building my first 12 and having strung my leads 2 short and having all 4 of them break and then be fixed i got sick of the sub so i am saving up and building my 2 re se motors into 18s. not sure what recones im going to get thinking sx or lvl 4 or have psi make me one. there gona be d2 and im going to be running my amp at .5 sending around 2k to the pair. im not sure what the displacement of those motors into 18s would be so for the first plan i just used my original displacement.

but needless to say after having so many problems with this first 12 and loving the lows it put out i want a pair of 18s chilling in the back seat of my neon. this wont be happening at least at .5 for a bit untill i get all my electrical up to par but im hoping to have these 18s build within the next 2 months.

this is my first box plan subs are going to be firing upwards with the 2 8" ports forward. im looking for stupid lows and 140 at a comp i feel like that is a really rather realistic goal for 2 18s.

thoughts and opinions about my box. please dont tell me not to make my se motors into 18s im already set on this and really want a custom pair of 18s that i made my self.

i1n2ux.png

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Can't see the design to well due to mobile. How much net airspace and port area do you have?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

thats a small port, i would say between 13-16 sq inch of port per cube man...

if you can get that + keep your 11 ish cubes after displacement you are right on the money

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

11 cubes and 100 sq inches tuned to 33

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived