Well, I know it's one of the hardest things to do, and won't come out how we need it to, but a friend and I are trying to paint a car. We've sanded the the hood with 400 grit paper almost all the way down to the metal, then we patched all the dings with bondo, then resanded them down. We cleaned off the hood and then applied a black primer with a rather thick coat. We let it dry and wipped it down with wet rags and let it dry again. It now has splotches of darker color, but there are no rough spots or bumps.

I'll attach a picture in a second to show you what we mean. What should we do from here? Sand again? More primer? Or begin the real paint process.. We want a smooth flat black matte style finish.

We might just take take it to Macko and have them do it "professionally"..if you could even say that..

I just think youre in over your head. I do this at school all the time, and there is a lot more to it than just sanding and spraying.

SSPX0094.jpg

For instance, i did this car in class. 76 Triumph. Primed it like 5 times, sanded the entire car about 10 times, painted it three seperate times (thanks to some stupid first year students).

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

If you guys dont like the look of the paint when you start laying it walmart now carries a detail and a broad gravity fed spray gun. Like 40 dollars i think may be worth a shot if you want. but at least get that handle i was talking about. do you want a pic or two to see what i mean? its way worth it expecially for shooting a whole car.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

If you guys dont like the look of the paint when you start laying it walmart now carries a detail and a broad gravity fed spray gun. Like 40 dollars i think may be worth a shot if you want. but at least get that handle i was talking about. do you want a pic or two to see what i mean? its way worth it expecially for shooting a whole car.

Sure!

Here ya go man its pretty self explanatory but it works great and keeps your hand from cramping:

IMG00197.jpg

IMG00198.jpg

IMG00199.jpg

IMG00200.jpg

Like i said its like 7 bucks and well worth it. But definitely get the rustoleum brand handle its way way sturdier. And the has fit on duplicolor, rustoleum, valspar, krylon, and krylon fusion paint cans.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Well, I know it's one of the hardest things to do, and won't come out how we need it to, but a friend and I are trying to paint a car. We've sanded the the hood with 400 grit paper almost all the way down to the metal, then we patched all the dings with bondo, then resanded them down. We cleaned off the hood and then applied a black primer with a rather thick coat. We let it dry and wipped it down with wet rags and let it dry again. It now has splotches of darker color, but there are no rough spots or bumps.

I'll attach a picture in a second to show you what we mean. What should we do from here? Sand again? More primer? Or begin the real paint process.. We want a smooth flat black matte style finish.

We might just take take it to Macko and have them do it "professionally"..if you could even say that..

I just think youre in over your head. I do this at school all the time, and there is a lot more to it than just sanding and spraying.

SSPX0094.jpg

For instance, i did this car in class. 76 Triumph. Primed it like 5 times, sanded the entire car about 10 times, painted it three seperate times (thanks to some stupid first year students).

that looks amazing !! how many coats of clear??

cowboys_logo.gif

Archived