Need help (alpine IVA-W200)

ok, so as listed above i have an alpine IVA-W200 double din head unit. I do not have peripheral box hooked up right now. So i am not able to watch dvds or access the bass engine, or screen functions on the head unit. My question is, will my head unit not charge my ipod? I thought all alpine head units would charge the ipod. It plays just fine, until the ipod dies...so anyone know if not having all the bypass for the ebrake hooked up would cause this?

Thanks!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

What generation ipod are you using? I know for my system (alpine iva-w205) if its an ipod newer than the classic 120 gig units, it will not charge them unless you get some special adapter.

Also for mine it needs what alpine calls "high speed ipod connector" to play and charge the ipod. I just ordered one earlier since the one i have was modded to work in a dock and when my bass hits, the ipod jumps out of the dock, lmao.

Tell us what model ipod you are using as this may be the problem. IDK if the bypass module would affect it charging as they are not related components at all but i cant say for sure since my unit came with the PAC bypass module and was already hooked up for me.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Its my girlfriends ipod i was using. I believe it to be a 4th gen nano. I am not for sure thou, looks like one from what i can tell. That would explain it. i only have the normal cord that goes from back of the head unit to the ipod. no adapters or anything. would explain it thou...

Thanks for the advise i did not know this :shrug:

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

You dont need the bypass box, if you go through the instruction manual it shows you how to manually bypass the parking brake!

As for charging the ipod, when I had my old w200, I bought the alpine ipod cord and had no issues but I also have the 80gig nano, so it may just be the ipod!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I tried to find the adapter for your unit but couldnt find it, nor could i find out which ipods are compatible. Alpine had that with my unit. The reason for it is that the older ipods charged at a full 12v of power, and the new ipods (5th gen and newer) charge at 5v. Your unit will play them just fine but since the voltage is so low it wont charge it one bit. The adapters for them look like this: http://www.techronic...ripherals-.html

The red needs to be hooked to a source that either has constant 12v of power or is switched when you turn the key on to accessory or on. The black is ground. I would check to see if yours is hooked up or not, chances are it isnt hooked up or maybe a fuse blew or the wire came loose. Doesnt hurt to try ya know simple stuff can happen.

edit: just remembered what i had happen to my sisters new ipod nano (4th gen i believe?? it has the camera in it) Anyways, when i hooked hers up to my radio it would play but not charge and i know it charges my ipod video 30gb i have. If you read the screen on the ipod, hers said "charging not supported" along with the alpine logo. Perhaps try to look at your ipod to see if it shows the same thing.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I dont have any kind of adapter. I already have the peripheral box its just not hooked up completely. I dont want my shit to be on a toggle switch to watch dvds and have my full access lol. I think its just the ipod. tried it with another alpine hu i have, same story. so...thinking maybe i just need to get this adapter or use an older ipod

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

i may have posted the wrong adapter so forgive me if it is wrong, the manual says to get this adapter: http://www.windycitysoundshop.com/popup_image.php?pID=159

Sorry for any confusion.

i may have posted the wrong adapter so forgive me if it is wrong, the manual says to get this adapter: http://www.windycitysoundshop.com/popup_image.php?pID=159

Sorry for any confusion.

Well, now we have a problem. Thats the exact cord i have in the car already...The ipod charges from my pc no problem and plays...until it dies in the car again :shrug:

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

ok when i plug it in here in a few minutes ill check to see what it says...thanks!

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

Yea it was my mistake, the other one is for the really old units. I believe its just because of the voltage difference in the generation ipods. Also from what i heard, apple started to change out what pins perform what activity. I heard that the one pin that charges the ipod was switched to another pin in the newer ipods so maybe thats your problem. I would check your ipod to see if it reads the message of "connected, charging not supported" mine reads that out to my sisters ipod nano, my old ipod touch, and my friends ipad.