Sonic Electronix

I scratched the idea of getting a DC sub. I was offered a 12 inch Shocker Sig sub for $400 with box tuned to 38hz. I dont know much about the sub. He told me it is 18,000RMS and there are only 36 of them made. I heard it and it sounds extremely loud. He is at 147db's in a 99 Chrysler 300m. I just would like to know more about it. Im probably gonna buy it within the next few weeks. I kinda want some advice on amps to. I think Im gonna get 2 American Bass 2500d amps for $200 a piece. The sub is wired to have 1 amp per voice coil. And I also want to upgrade my headunit to a touchscreen. I want to get all new door speakers and 6 by 9's but I dont know any good brands. My budget is around $2500. Any suggestions on what brands to buy. I have a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado.

Edited by Severyn

There are definately more then 36 out there no doubt. I know someone who builds them and sells them. also a buddy of mine has a shocker sig running on a dc 2k and it gets smelly quick but I think the box is way to big for it. I personally wouldn't put more then 2k on one without some testing. If you are a member on caco, look up hispl and dphat and talk to them. Hispl builds them and he's a good dude. Dphat is my friend who runs one.

Edited by Rolladoedoe

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I am very doubtful of any 12" sub that takes 18k RMS like it's no big deal. Sounds like some good bullshitting there, but as far as speakers go, I recommend some Rockford Fosgate T1 2 way 6x9's. If you can are willing to get 6.5" drivers, I would recommend the T1 or T2 component systems over the 6x9's for sure.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

There are definately more then 36 out there no doubt. I know someone who builds them and sells them. also a buddy of mine has a shocker sig running on a dc 2k and it gets smelly quick but I think the box is way to big for it. I personally wouldn't put more then 2k on one without some testing. If you are a member on caco, look up hispl and dphat and talk to them. Hispl builds them and he's a good dude. Dphat is my friend who runs one.

The sigs can handle power, if he's getting smelly on 2k something ain't right.

It won't take 18k by any means I don't believe, and there are more than 36 of them, but they can handle power and get damn loud.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

It won't take 18k by any means I don't believe, and there are more than 36 of them, but they can handle power and get damn loud.

Probably say 18k burst/burp's

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Probably say 18k burst/burp's

It may very well do 18k burps, the Super Extreme (I believe it was) is lower than the sig and was rated at 4k RMS.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Ok, thanks for the info guys, as for the interior speakers go, I looked at the fosgate and I like what I see. All together Im gonna need 2 5.25s for the doors and 2 6x9s for the back. Im also gonna need an amp for them. And I was wondering what anyone knows about American Bass amps because Im gonna get 2 of them to power the sub.

I also want to buy a new Headunit. I for sure want a touchscreen. I just dont know what brand to get, My price range for a HU is about $400-$600.

I know they are pricey, but I would strongly recommend you do not get a touchscreen in the $400 to $600 range unless it is used because you are not going to get the same sound quality as a normal head unit that is much cheaper. Here's my two recommendations. The first is a top notch Pioneer single din head unit. The second is a touchscreen Pioneer of the same or better quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-DEH-P7200HD-INDASH-CD-AAC-MP3-WMA-HD-NEW-2011-/280720002427?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item415c374d7b#ht_1053wt_1037

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-Z130BT-2-DIN-DVD-GPS-NAVI-BLUETOOTH-HD-/230657060320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b43b6de0#ht_2373wt_1270

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

I like that Pioneer one a lot. I just dont wanna spend $1000 on a headunit. My limit all together is around $2500. Im already spending $800 on the sub and amps, I want a really good alarm system that is $400. I need an extra battery and all the wiring. I need door speakers and 6x9's, plus a new headunit all for under $3000.I guess Ill just have to save up a few extra paychecks and spend $3000. But at least everything will be perfect and I wont have to buy another system for a while