Sundown Audio

2 T40001bd Vs. 4 Zx2500.1

wrathchild281

Hey guys im about to buy a new truck and wall it off. Im gonna buy 2 more btls and i have a couple questions on my amp situation. Right now im running a kicker zx2500.1 to each btl of 2 that i have and i was gonna either buy 2 more zx amps or sell the them and buy 2 RF T4000BD amps and have two btls on each. Im wondering which amp setup will produce the most clean power and also which amps will have the least stress on my electrical setup. Thanks.

225 Excessive Amperage Alt.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 FI 18 BTL's fully loaded

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358078

You should probably buy the RF's so you can sell the two ZX's to me for a great price!

lol, just playin man. They are both very very strong amps. From what I've seen I would expect to see more power out of the 4 kickers than the 2 rf's, I believe they would probably be much more power hungry than two T4000BD's.

I could be wrong though, I've never had any personal experience with either of those amps. There are alot of guys here that run the RF's so they'll give you some great input as well.

crxsilogozz5.gif

Well... What coils are you currently running on your current subs? and will you be getting the same ohm coils on the new subs?

Let me get this straight quick.

You currently have 2 btls, and 1 2500.1 per sub (so 2 kicker amps)?

But you are going to buy 2 more btls, and run either 4 kicker 2500.1s or 2 RF 4000bds?

And you want to know which will be more effiecent (ie less amerage draw on your electrical system)?

This is easy..

Rockford fosgate all the way.

The kicker 2500.1s are only 2ohm stable mono and are fused at 300amps each. Your looking at needing something to supply the 1200 amp draw. At least a 300 amp high output alt, and 2 big batteries for sure. Something like the kinetik hc2400s or the big bad ass powermaster batteries Steve is rolling with.

Now with the RF's you are only looking at 1000 amps of fusing. Each amp has a big bad ass 500 amp fuse. I heard they will produce their 4000wrms power with only around 400amps of draw. But these amps are also underrated by a bit, your looking at 4800-5000wrms on the benchmarks (reason for the 500 amp fuse).

Either way you will be getting around 10,000wrms, but the rockfords will do it at a lower amp draw.

Not to mention that the kickers dont run no subsonic filter. Overall the rockfords will do better and be more reliable.

If you are really wanting kicker tho, Id wait a bit from what I hear from a inside source that kicker is making a 10,000wrms amp. It is to cost around a grand (competitior cost) and was to be released a few weeks ago in time for finals but I guess they didnt get the amp cleared in time or something.

uhhhh? Did you say a 10,000 watt amp for $1000? It's late maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so...

As well the kicker amps are underrated too, @ 2 ohms your looking at around 11,000 watts. The 200 amps more of fuses shouldnt be a huge issue with this setup because your already going to have a huge electrical to keep up. Many people run the 2500.1's at 1 ohm with no problems as well.

4 BTL's with dual 4's:

will wire to 2 ohms per kicker (which is rated)

Or 1 ohm per RF so either way its going to work.

Edit:

I would like to add this

But these amps are also underrated by a bit, your looking at 4800-5000wrms on the benchmarks (reason for the 500 amp fuse).

4800-5000 watts at 1 ohm? That's a little more than a bit overrated lol, as well that isn't the reason for a 500 amp fuse...

crxsilogozz5.gif

I have dual 1 ohm subs and there each at 2 ohms per zx amp. So i will buy 2 more dual 1's.

Lol if that isnt a missprint than i might have to wait for that amp. The zx2500's retail for more than a grand so i highly doubt a 10k amp is gonna run that price tag.

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

This is what I was told by a judge and a guy that runs comps in wi, mi, il, mn, and iowa, and one of their team members was hoping to have one by now already from what I understood..

It is a competitors price.. Meaning if you are a competitor and are currently running kicker and have been hold decent number you maybe eligible for the competitors price.

I have no other details on the amp besides that it is to be 10wrms, and kicker is making it cheaply availble to their customers to compete with the other guys making insane wattage amps.

Myself, I am not a fan of rockford or kicker, but Id have to go with rockford.

kicker 2500.1s usally are benched around 2700wrms

Class D Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier • 2500 watts x 1 chan @ 2ohms • Subsonic Filter • Remote Bass Control • CEA-2006 Compliant • Crossover Control $1500

rf

4000W RMS Class BD Amplifier • 4,000W RMS @ 1 Ohm • 2,000W RMS @ 2 Ohms • Wired Bass Remote Included (35 - 70Hz, 0 - 18dB) • 1/0 AWG power and ground connections with internal ANL fusing • Preamp outputs • Low-Pass and Infrasonic filters • 0 - 180 Degree Phase Control $1400

Prices from sonicelectronix..

Not to mention that the kickers dont run no subsonic filter.

see your latest post, actually the ZX25001 DOES indeed have a subsonic filter.

And I think I know the judge you speak of, spreading info about the WH 10K amp we have, and he is far off on price......

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

see your latest post, actually the ZX25001 DOES indeed have a subsonic filter.

And I think I know the judge you speak of, spreading info about the WH 10K amp we have, and he is far off on price......

Yes, my bad on the subsonic filter. I didnt see that on sonic when I was browsing it last night.

And as for that judge (this is just what he told me). Not trying to spread false info, just going by hear say (which you should never do, but I felt special knowing about the 10k amp). Congrats on the new amp, may she be a beauty (but Im still in love with my spl dynamics) :), and welcome the the site Polecat :)

Edit: Do you have any pics of the new beast?

Hey Polecat welcome to the forums and also i know you cant give me a price on the new amp but are we looking at much more than a grand even at a competitors price?

4 Yellow top batteries

Pioneer AVH-6600

Kicker KQ5

2 zx 2500.1's

4 ks6.5 coaxials

4 ks5.25 coaxials

kx650.4

Archived