Hertz Speakers.... Morel Elate....

TcKing2k08

Just need some out side opinions, I posted a few weeks ago and made some progress. As my car sits now I am running a complete Alpine system. Type R's front and rear and Type 10" subs, PDX 4 channel and mono driving the speakers, Alpine INA-W900 with the PXA-H100 Imprint sound processor. Sounds good but not want I want anymore. SQ is now my main focus.

I have narrowed the speakers down. Between the Hertz Mille MLK3 Pa2 and the Morel Elate 9" 3way. My first thoughts would be to go with the Hertz, but i just want some more opinions from others who have heard and used either or both..

ALSO I am going completely active set-up... with EITHER the Bit ONE or the NEW Alpine PXA-H800.

My real issue is deciding on amps, was told not to use digital for SQ (true or false).. I am a installer for a small shop in NH so this is was I was picking Alpine but if I shouldn't use digital for SQ purposes this would eliminate Alpine amps, which is fine but then just need other options.

Thirdly I am doing two shallow SWR-T12 from Alpine just to keep everything low profile.. so would want to keep the amp for the Speakers the same for the 2 SWR-T12 (personal preference only). Thanks..

I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either of those sets. But just as an FYI the current gen mille's aren't as good as the older gens. I am talking about the ones that used ribbon tweeters :).

Amp wise it honestly depends on how much you want to spend. The PDX's are a good start. But if you are really serious look into Audison, Zapco, ARC Audio SE, Genesis, Brax, etc.

Also if sq is your main focus ditch the type-r lol. If you need to keep it low profile look into some solid 8s or the Stereo integrity BM mkIII.

I vote for Hertz and have you considered looking at the Audison Bit Ten. They are coming out pretty soon and are retailing for ~$400

The bit ten doesn't retail that low. And it has been out for a while.

777319156.png

I am using a hi energy 12 atm.. great sounding sub.

I have had zero luck trying to convince the dealers out here to give me one for $600 with a DRC..

OP, I think the only problem you might run into with the bit ten is that it only does 5 channels.

777319156.png

Thanks Moti for that information about the Hertz and not using the ribbon tweets anymore. Sucks that they don't use them anymore, but I think I will stay with the hertz. I would agree about the amps, the Alpines would be good starting amps but for the amount of money that I would spend on 2-3 Alpine amps I can take and put towards a better one. I was looking at the Audison LRx 6.9 amp. Just for the fronts and then the LRx 1.1 for a pair of 10's in the trunk.

As for the Bit Ten would be out. It's a toss up between the Bit One or the Alpine Inprint processor that will be out this fall. Both are equal in price but haven't seen the new one from Alpine so I will have to wait and see. Now comes the tough part of getting the Audison products. I have a Hertz rep that I can get the speakers from just need a rep to get the Audison Amps and possibly the Bit One from... Anyone know of anyone around NH that reps or deals Audison? Private message me if anyone can help.

Archived