Dual 13" Boston Acoustics SPG555 Subwoofers ExtremeBass420 Build

Bad news, the 2 ohm Boston SPG555 subwoofer im running right now in my trunk just randomly stopped working today. Didn't make any sounds or anything, wasn't extremely hot, was only bumping for maybe 8 minutes or so, and it just cut out and completely stopped working. I have no idea what is wrong or what to do with it, but im pretty pissed.

Anyhow, the sub box that is being built for 2 of them is being built on thursday, which who knows now since 1 subwoofer just stopped working today.

And since it is 10" by 15" it gets the best of 3 worlds, because its like a 10", a 12" and a 15" all in one.

:noob: :noob: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol::No: :No: :No: :No: :No::Doh::Doh:

it looks nice though, not a fan of caps or peel and seal though, but i understand you're saving money

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Bad news, the 2 ohm Boston SPG555 subwoofer im running right now in my trunk just randomly stopped working today. Didn't make any sounds or anything, wasn't extremely hot, was only bumping for maybe 8 minutes or so, and it just cut out and completely stopped working. I have no idea what is wrong or what to do with it, but im pretty pissed.

Anyhow, the sub box that is being built for 2 of them is being built on thursday, which who knows now since 1 subwoofer just stopped working today.

And since it is 10" by 15" it gets the best of 3 worlds, because its like a 10", a 12" and a 15" all in one.

facepalm.jpg?1248715065

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ExtremeBass420 bro I hope you're not paying full price for those SPG's. If you're going to Extreme Audio I probably live 5 minutes away from you and their prices are ridiculous. They want like $700, maybe $600/each if they give you an 'awesome' deal on them. Trust me, I used to have SPG's. You can get them for $349 brand new online, and they work the exact same. Hell, you can pick them up used for $225-$250 and if the coil fries on you just go buy a new one for $40.

Now back to the topic, sounds like you're gonna be bumpin' bud, good luck with the install. I may have missed this but what amps are you using to push the subs?

P.S. the reason the guys above me are laughing at your statement about the sub is because.. well, it's totally wrong lol. The SPG was designed that way to try to offer the cone area of a 15" while occupying the space of a 10". The SPG is in no way like a 10", 12" and 15" all in one. However, it does get loud and will sound good doing it.

ExtremeBass420 bro I hope you're not paying full price for those SPG's. If you're going to Extreme Audio I probably live 5 minutes away from you and their prices are ridiculous. They want like $700, maybe $600/each if they give you an 'awesome' deal on them. Trust me, I used to have SPG's. You can get them for $349 brand new online, and they work the exact same. Hell, you can pick them up used for $225-$250 and if the coil fries on you just go buy a new one for $40.

Now back to the topic, sounds like you're gonna be bumpin' bud, good luck with the install. I may have missed this but what amps are you using to push the subs?

P.S. the reason the guys above me are laughing at your statement about the sub is because.. well, it's totally wrong lol. The SPG was designed that way to try to offer the cone area of a 15" while occupying the space of a 10". The SPG is in no way like a 10", 12" and 15" all in one. However, it does get loud and will sound good doing it.

My cousin works at ExtremeAudio so I get a lot of cool treatment from those guys there but I order my parts online to save money for college since I'm going in January.

And yes I do understand that the point of the sub was to have more cone surface area but take as much space as a 10", that's why I bought these instead of 15's because my little Nissan Altima SE will be filled to the max with 2 of these in the trunk.

They are being powered by 2 Alpine PDX-M12 amplifiers at 2400 watts and I got an Alpine PDX-F4 which is giving 100 watts to all my inside speakers.

I have everything I need to complete this build besides the box, which is tomorrow at noon I'm heading over by ExtremeAudio and they will have my box build in about 2 hours before I even have to head to work. However one of my subs I won't have until next week friday most likely since I had a problem with one but the build should be complete by the end of the month.

Thanks for putting up with my lack of knowledge and giving me support guys I really appreciate it. If you guys wanna hit me up with some knowledge, go for it. =]

Oh, and heres a new video of 1 sub flexing the shit out of my car.

where in Wi are you? get it metered, have you tried folding the rear seats down? looks like all the air's just trapped in the trunk and rattling everything. looks good so far, arent spg's more of a sq/sql sub?

04 Acura TL

Sundown build coming soon.

Lol Sig'd

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

where in Wi are you? get it metered, have you tried folding the rear seats down? looks like all the air's just trapped in the trunk and rattling everything. looks good so far, arent spg's more of a sq/sql sub?

I'm getting it metered tomorrow at noon and then taken apart completely to begin the rebuild for 2 of them. Neons and shit will be in it too.

During comps I will take the rear seats out, but for daily use im keeping them in. And the air never gets trapped even when I have rear seats, There is a big opening in the middle of my back seats to the trunk to allow air flow.

Lol Sig'd

lol, I'm honored.

oh and these came in today. 292012_10150764845350161_724350160_20191101_1741171_n.jpg

If we "hit you up with some knowledge" we'd burst your bubble, and then you might cry. I am surprised this thread has stayed so clean.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

If we "hit you up with some knowledge" we'd burst your bubble, and then you might cry. I am surprised this thread has stayed so clean.

lol, this thread has only stayed clean because I don't care what people say, I enjoy what I have and I'm happy that way.

It's just the internet....lmao

plus im making money from my youtube account, how could I possibly be unhappy? haha

ExtremeBass420!!! Whats up man! Love the set up looks nice, clean and simple. I hope you enjoy your amps as well. No worries on the woofer you know I will take care of you!

ima go smoke a beer and drink a cigarette

Archived