Sonic Electronix

Ill start off by saying that for right now i dont have $ for a new head unit. i have a CDA7893 and it will skip at full tilt...tried a kenwood excelon 7?? and it is worse. So re instaled the Alpine and hooked up a changer that i had lying around. if the changer is secured down it still skips! if i have the changer just resting on the floor it will only chatter a little bit(not full cuttout like the deck but still a noticeable problem. any ideas how to mount it with vibration damping in mind?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

does it skip wit burned cd's ???? if so than get better quailty cds cause mine skips when i use shitty quailty cds

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

you could trying dynamatting it but if you do careful with the vents...

have 2 layers of dm....skips on new unscratched cd's (see geo with new dc subs vid) third one has evidence of this prob when i was focused on my mirror. problem has gotten worse through the week

Edited by jack

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

If you burn cd's, burn them at a slower speed IE: 24x instead of 48x...Also if you can and if your cd player will read them burn them in MP3 format..Something about lowering the speed of the burn, and using MP3 format kept my Sony I used to have from skipping as bad..This kenwood deck I have now MP-828 hasn't skipped yet..

Sooner or later you'll get to a level where you just have to drive around with your deck on your lap with a nice long umbilical cord if you want to play CDs from it. It's what I used to do for SPL runs when I wasn't allowed to use USB or any other source. Good luck :P

Edited by Charger

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

im broke as a joke rite now myself, but i also need a new head unit, because of mine skipin at full tilt.....

save up your money and get something like the pioneer 6900 which has the usb input built in and get a flash drive or external hard drive to store your music on and forget all about cds getin scrached or havein your shit skip when youre showing it off

only run about 230.00 brand new from a local shop

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets