Bandwith Exceeded Again: Just Bought Another 150gigs

MHO is this....If we want SMD to stay alive, we all need to pitch in and help. I know several people won't like this idea, but like other Great forum sites, I think it is about that time to make this site a paid membership site. It would be up to Steve to decide on what is reasonable, but even something like $20 a year is nothing...for the amount of information that stacks up on this site.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

chicken, we need your help..lol

no BS there. this guys got steve doing his system up BIG TIME with the whole world watchin and waitin for it to be done. if you got 70,000 bucks to drop on ONE SYSTEM than i think you got enough dough to kick SMD down a couple a G's to keep it goin strong. if i had that much dough i certainly would contribute to the man who designed and built the baddest car audio system ever. chicken's gonna be famous for the ride and SMD aint gettin shit for it except some install cost i'm sure.

come on now CHICKEN PUT UP THE DOUGH MANG!!!

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

no BS there. this guys got steve doing his system up BIG TIME with the whole world watchin and waitin for it to be done. if you got 70,000 bucks to drop on ONE SYSTEM than i think you got enough dough to kick SMD down a couple a G's to keep it goin strong. if i had that much dough i certainly would contribute to the man who designed and built the baddest car audio system ever. chicken's gonna be famous for the ride and SMD aint gettin shit for it except some install cost i'm sure.

come on now CHICKEN PUT UP THE DOUGH MANG!!!

woah slow down my man, you dont know what Chicken has or hasnt done.

MHO is this....If we want SMD to stay alive, we all need to pitch in and help. I know several people won't like this idea, but like other Great forum sites, I think it is about that time to make this site a paid membership site. It would be up to Steve to decide on what is reasonable, but even something like $20 a year is nothing...for the amount of information that stacks up on this site.

i agree 100% with you, 20 bucks is nothing considering all the knowledge an help you get here. also, steve, for example if you can get a FI ssd 12 or Q 12 donated, start a raffle for like 2 bucks a ticket, that would all go toward the site. im sure some company can offer to donate something, it doesnt have to be FI, that was just the first thing that came off the top of my head. i am getting ready to donate just give me a week or so...

Alpine IVA-W205

Hifonics XX-Hercules

Hifonics XX-Jupiter

O2 midranges

2 12" FI Qs

5 cube box tuned to 34 hz

maybe fi car audio and fosgate could help you out and you would put a small banner of theirs in the front page. i bet they would be down, because chickens hoopty is a huge advertisement to their products

hey, take a look @ the home page! <_<

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

I know I am new here (although I have been a member for going on 3 months and religiously have followed your projects and advise of many members here... I still haven't made a post until now) and no reputation at all but I would seriously recommend you getting your own dedicated server.

I run a decently sized web server that I started up to just host my gaming teams' websites and voice communication (ventrilo and teamspeak) and has now evolved into a small business that I use to host a few clients and help me pay for school. Just recently, I upgraded to a new dedicated server that costs me $100 a month and i get 750gb a month which could easily be bumped out to around 1500 gb a month for around $50 more if I read their packages correctly.

The only problem is the business relationship you have with the guy you are currently using. If you go this route, you basically eliminate him; I don't know what he does for you specifically (ie: updates everything, security, other maintenance, etc.) so if he does all that, then you basically would have to find someone to do that for you because after reading about the things you currently have on your plate, I don't know when you would/if you could find time to maintain a server; I don't know how you find to time to do a lot of things you do, your time management is damn good. But then again, after setting everything up initially, the server will run itself and will very rarely need to be upgraded.

The company I went to really helps me out a lot too. They help if I have any problems with secruity or setting anything up, and I ordered Cpanel with my package; it gets rid of having to know any command lines and you can run your full site from a panel that looks like this Cpanel Interface Picture. All you really need is a basic understanding of what you need to do and it can be easily accomplished with the panel. I give each of my client access to their own panel and they can easily manage everything they need, including: adding new emails, making new forums, ftp management, etc.

Just a thought you might want to consider to help ease the pain of bandwidth costs.

LOL just because chicken buys himself the best of the best and i do his installs dont mean he should kick anything in....besides when i first started this forum last year and was having bandwith issues, he kicked in more then everyone so its not like he doesnt help sometimes. Its not his obligation, he is customer AND a good friend but when it comes down to it why would i ask a customer to pay for my site? Actually his projects have helped make what i do so special so he has already done his part. As long as he keeps hiring me, im good with that :D

oh and as for Fi and RF gettin a banner on my page......uhhhhh they already have one - and BOTH companies have taken such good care of me that they get that banner regardless.

On the 20 a year thing.....thanks but nahhhh this is still a free site, my shit stinks to bad to charge people.. i mean i learn more from my members then they do from me so id have to split any money i got with them.....so that wont work. Its a good thought but im not at that level where i can ask for money to be a part of this. Im putting my vids out there because i want people to see them.......and the forum isnt the reason the site goes down so charging to get in here wouldnt be very justified imo.

ill be aiiiight....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916