Sonic Electronix

what exactly is it measureing? like where is it reading the "clipping" from? HU to amp signal? amp to sub signal?

It would be amp to sub but those clipping lights arnt all that precise. It's enough to trust but you should still set your gains with a multimeter or better yet the dd1

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

what exactly is it measureing? like where is it reading the "clipping" from? HU to amp signal? amp to sub signal?

It would be amp to sub but those clipping lights arnt all that precise. It's enough to trust but you should still set your gains with a multimeter or better yet the dd1

ill be using a dd1 but was jsut curious as to what exacty the clipping was from..

ive also heard that they are acutaly quite accurate.. who knows was jsut curious on that is all

According to my TPI440, the AQ clip light is almost spot on....

Now I have a newer 2200d, real new. My older version did vary slightly.

I would trust the clip light. Now are you goin to say my oscope is bad because its not a DD1? LOL

the TPI was the thing TO HAVE here before the DD1.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

aq light is activated from rail voltage

every song will clip at different levels, for those who do not use a bass knob you are basically soft clipping most of the time... even if u use a sine wave and scope you can still clip the amp from kick drums/clipped rap music/music louder than tone used

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

aq light is activated from rail voltage

every song will clip at different levels, for those who do not use a bass knob you are basically soft clipping most of the time... even if u use a sine wave and scope you can still clip the amp from kick drums/clipped rap music/music louder than tone used

and thats why we trust you with badass, unclipped music :drinks:

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I was wondering this too. I just bought a aq1200d and the clipping light comes on but i hear no distortion in the speakers at all it seems like the light comes on too soon not extremely soon but it seems i can get quite a bit louder before it distorts.