Str8Bumpin Posted August 14, 2011 Report Posted August 14, 2011 Today I picked up my 2000 Chevy Blazer finally. I brought it home and immediately started checking out the speakers it had in it. On crutchfield i was told that there should be 4x6s on the dash, so I took the grille off what looked to be the place for the 4x6's and there was a tweeter.... Just sittin there... in the spot for the 4x6. It was pretty obvious that the spot had originally been for a 4x6, so I took out the shitty tweeter and wired up my rockford 2 way 4x6s. I tested the music and it only played through the tweeter of the 4x6, and not the mid speaker. So I guess my assumption would be that there is an crossover somewhere in the wiring of the car? Anybody have any ideas? I'd do more investigation but I've got to work in an hour, and I thought i might just see what you guys thinks going on! Thanks everybody.
SR20DAZE Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 Might wanna change the thred name, can have any bad words on it Try looking for bass blockers or crossovers atound the area. Maybe the hu has a wierd setting. If they are amped check the amp settings too Hahah damn cody She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch. you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf box: 4 cubes at 38 hz amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life 140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q) Build Log http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/ Feedback http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/
kingleo Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 2x http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77708-2002-millenia-system-re-build/page__view__findpost__p__1070977__hl__%2Bmazda+%2Bmillenia__fromsearch__1 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110130-2000-acura-integra-gs-4-door/page__view__findpost__p__1536749__hl__%2Bmazda+%2Bmillenia__fromsearch__1
skittlesRgood Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 what brand was this tweeter? the previous owner probably put in a component set so there would be a crossover somewhere. you just have to follow the speaker wire until you find something. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.