setting hi/lo converter with dd-1?

It sounds like you did it totally wrong.

To set the high-low converter, you need to hook the dd-1 up to the amp. The amps gains must be TOTALLY OFF or turned all the way down. Then you turn the headunit all the way up to 33 and then look at the dd-1. It shouldnt show any signal or anything. If it doesnt then slowly turn the gain knob off one of the high-low converters with the rca wires going into the amp you have the dd-1 hooked up to. Once you turn it far enough the dd-1 should show the signal and then show it clipping out. When it does back it off and go to the other side of the rca connector and do the same thing. If you need i can make some directions for this part to make it clearer for you.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

No, I did it that way also trust me if you were here you would have seen how many ways I tried it. I did it right the first time and since the hi/low converter was distorting right away like it did today then I tried my own different ways and set it like that to the highest vol that I used to listen to it before I got the dd-1 which was 18.

Edit: I shouldve just said that when I got the 1v reading I had the gains on the hi low converter set higher since I guess I did confuse you.

Edited by youngsticky

Yes it did set me off guard so sorry. Well i guess that a sound processor is your only way out of this. What happens if you leave the gains on the converters all the way down low and set the amps gain? Does it work at all?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Yea who knows. Maybe with the voltage down so far it wont work? I think that your amp may not accept it if its at a low level so maybe turning the gain up on the amp will get it to work? Idk for sure but hey it wont hurt anything to try. If it doesnt work then i am completely out of ideas with this and would just get a sound processor and call it a day because i have been hammering my head in a wall trying to figure this out. lol

Man i had already gave up a long time ago but I was doing the test cause you were trying to help me lol. But I just did the test and I remember that I had tried that also, and the problems with that is that with the high low converter almost all the way down before it destorts the signal light and 40hz light never comes on remember, and I don't think that's good cause in that vid that got posted by BJD3 it shows that that's not good. And then when I try to set the gains on the amp I can turn the gain all the way up and none of the light ever come up, and I even tried to turn the bass boost up all the way just to see if the distortion light came on and it didn't either.

Yea ur screwed to say the least. Ditch those shitty ass high-low converters and get something that will actually work, lol.

Sorry i couldnt get it working for you. Maybe if you wanted to (it would prob be a waste of your time and money) you can maybe try a different brand converter?