Having worked at numerous Best Buy install bays, starting as part time and working my way up to then Car Audio Supervisor I can tell you that if your passion is for car audio it is a great way to get paid for doing what you love. Yes, you wont do a lot of what I like to call "All out Custom Car Audio" but you will get familiar with different vehicles, techniques, pros and cons of doing a job a certain way, things not to do, tools, etc. Mostly you will be doing car decks, well a lot of car decks. To motivate my installers when I could tell that they didnt want to put in any more decks for the day was go back there and race the guys and see who could put the next 2 decks in the fastest. Try to spice things up. have to say and I think someone said it earlier in this topic was never say that isnt my job people 9 times out 10 are looking for someone who has a LOT of Iniative. which goes for any job, iniative will get you further with less skill than someone else, with more skill and no iniative. Go in everyday, dont be late...in fact be there 30 minutes early do everything they ask and more if you can, ask questions, dont be an ass, answer the phone ( that is a installers pet peve) learn everything you can, and then go home. Dont go for management in Bestbuy, only snakes, snitches, and low life scum, with the exception of a few are up there. They will do most anything to move up the ladder. Just learn and if you get good enough try a custom shop out and learn some more

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

You'll be doing more then just subs and HUs.

Alarms, remote starts. Better start learning those.

still have till i m 18 to learn

And alot of troubleshooting that's one of the biggest things you'll learn working there.

i can do some trouble shooting as i ve already had 2 cars where the stock wiring harness shot craps and i had to rerun new power accesroie and grounds

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

system in planing stages right now

Where do you go and learn this??

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Having worked at numerous Best Buy install bays, starting as part time and working my way up to then Car Audio Supervisor I can tell you that if your passion is for car audio it is a great way to get paid for doing what you love. Yes, you wont do a lot of what I like to call "All out Custom Car Audio" but you will get familiar with different vehicles, techniques, pros and cons of doing a job a certain way, things not to do, tools, etc. Mostly you will be doing car decks, well a lot of car decks. To motivate my installers when I could tell that they didnt want to put in any more decks for the day was go back there and race the guys and see who could put the next 2 decks in the fastest. Try to spice things up. have to say and I think someone said it earlier in this topic was never say that isnt my job people 9 times out 10 are looking for someone who has a LOT of Iniative. which goes for any job, iniative will get you further with less skill than someone else, with more skill and no iniative. Go in everyday, dont be late...in fact be there 30 minutes early do everything they ask and more if you can, ask questions, dont be an ass, answer the phone ( that is a installers pet peve) learn everything you can, and then go home. Dont go for management in Bestbuy, only snakes, snitches, and low life scum, with the exception of a few are up there. They will do most anything to move up the ladder. Just learn and if you get good enough try a custom shop out and learn some more

i did try my local shop they are a small chain here with a few stores and even the owner seemed gung hoe on hiring me even talked down to one of her salesman cause i knew more than he did (i about crapped when she did) they had me hand out all kinds of flyers for their shows and gave me discounts on stuff but in the end shes been doin this for like over 6 months and i just can t wait anymore for a job

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

if you get a job with them they will pay for you too (at least that how i understand it)

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

Being an apprentice and getting hands on experience you can't really learn it by reading and studying.

i wish people wouldn't be posting about him being an installer, he said that he'd be a cashier (almost 100% positive on that one), he's 16.

Congrats on the interview man, my step brother works there and says it's one of the best jobs. I've applied a couple times, and never gotten a call back or anything.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Being an apprentice and getting hands on experience you can't really learn it by reading and studying.

I was talking alarms and remote starts.. Is it really that hard to learn, So after a couple installs i wouldnt know how to do it???

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

i wish people wouldn't be posting about him being an installer, he said that he'd be a cashier (almost 100% positive on that one), he's 16.

Congrats on the interview man, my step brother works there and says it's one of the best jobs. I've applied a couple times, and never gotten a call back or anything.

i also said i wanted to work up to being an installer(i checked just to make sure it was like the 7th post on the first page) and me being sixteen matters what? you have to start somewhere........

no disrespect though

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

Archived