Sonic Electronix

warm subs and not enuff beat

how would i go about checkin out the amps? im about 95% sure my master amp is ok, as i had it running 2 subs earlier and seemed to be working correctly, now when i wire up the other 2 subs to the slave amp. (note i un did strapping and basically gain matched both amps) and still had a issue with subs not sounding correctly. so i would assmue theres a issue now with the slave or 2nd amp?

Connect the 2 subs that were wired to the master amp to the slave amp, and see how they sound compared to the 2 you had wired to the slave amp.Just an idea

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Take your subs out

Go to a local shop

Ask them this...

"im having trouble with wiring my subs in series parallel, can i pay you 30.00 to make the wire connections?"

Tell them they dont even have to screw them down.

Dun

Or save some money by learning how to use his nice equipment.

Nothin irritates me more than people with decent equipment that don't have a clue how it works.

Do it that way we would do it. Test each sub individually. Test each coil on a amp, and measure the coils with a DMM to be sure they are in range.

Done. Saved $30, and learned something.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Yeah that was my plan... won't be able 2 try it till 2mrw morning or evening....

I would seriously just hook up one amp. Test each coil one by one. Listen for un usual sounds. Do this for each sub, and you know if they are ok or not.

Also you can check them with a DMM to be sure the coils have proper resistance. Done. /thread

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Yeah ..... Thats the problem.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Actually it was my own fault for wiring it wrong and nt paying attention t the diagaram I had! And my slave amp is fuck. So actual ya that is the problem. I respect you knowledge ray. But sense sarcasim in ur replys. Which is unessacary. Thank to all who replid. Problem solved

I spent so much time looking at my 2 D4 12's over and over and the way I had them wired LONG before I ever put power to them. Glad to say I've never had to blame equipment for a mistake I made wiring them wrong.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Why not just buy another aq?

Why switch amps and spend more money?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived