Elementary wiring question. Just want to make sure I have the right idea.

Also, for how the main harness was sliced off, did you cut the wires that look like they run from the driver to the passenger side or just the wires that come out of the back of the stock harness? I really hope you sliced and diced the wires directly behind the old radios harness because if you did anymore than that, you could have seriously fucked something up and have a broken link somewhere in there.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

He just sliced right behind the stock radio, nowhere else.

Also, the radio looks like that, but with a tape deck instead of a CD player. There are some wires that are 2 of the same color, like greens. I already resolved the yellow, as I've said before. Some connect to the bottom part of the harnass and then right above it in the top part... *shrugs*... However, all the speakers, and leads are wires 1 for 1. Maybe there's a serial contact cable? I just don't know where to look for in-depth detail on that. My vision sometimes hits me with confusion.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

(NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with)

Pioneer H/U

(4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars

Scosche HD683A's in front doors

Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors

SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm

If you had a serial data connection like my radio in my envoy does (the stock one that is) you would have two harnesses that connect to the back of the radio. If you only have one harness then you dont have the serial data connection. And for that model radio im almost totally certain you dont have the data connection. The only thing that goes to that radio is a pin that your friend either setup himself or had the dealer make one for him when be bought the car, so if someone with the same monte carlo steals the stock h/u it wont work unless the thief knew the pin code of the radio. If the radio does get locked by the theftlock, it will just say "loc" on the screen and in the manual there is a way to get around it. I believe since my dads 97 Chevy Tahoe has the exact same radio but he has an external cd player as well, you have to press the "hr" and "min" keys until the desired pin appears on the screen (the code your buddy made or the dealer made up) once it is on the screen correctly press the "am/fm" button to confirm the code you entered. Then you can press the volume knob in and the radio should turn.

Also note, the radio will have a small red LED at the top right near the volume knob. If when you connect the radio up this light is flashing, it means it is protected by the pin and you must enter it to use the radio, if it doesnt flash then you prob dont have to worry about the radio being locked.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

what I'll do today is get a picture of his harnass when he comes by, but I'm also going to test both his power cables. I know the harnass is double layered, but there is a few extra lines that come out of i, aside the ones from the list abbove. So, that has me wondering.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

Well, I solved the problem :),.

It was his battery lead from the dash not working. I used a 12v fan to test his battery lead and his switch. The switch ran just fine, so what I did was took a fresh line and ran an inline fuse from the batter straight to his harnass, so he's now got fresh power to his radio from the battery and the harnass works 1 for 1. I can honestly say that I feel very accomplished in a nice recovery. This would be my 2nd one. I should post about it in my Mis-Adventures thread in the General section.

Edited by G-Rad

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

That's good glad you fixed it. Did you check his fuse box by chance to see if it got shorted out and blew a fuse?

yes ir. The fuses are fine though, so I'm curious if he may have pulled that wire apart somewhere...

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

Who knows, finding things a customer can screw up are hard to do, gotta love stupid people doing things they cant handle. lol.

Well, if anything, it is a lesson and will teach me for future progress... I'm not complaining... ...too much... ...yet...

Just curious what else is in store for me. I'm really getting heavily into this stuff to a point I'm spending hours studying up on it a day.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

2007 Ford Focus

Pioneer H/U

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

Ive been there before and i still am doing that in my free time. Trust me, this site is full of great information, you just have to find it. Ive been a member for i believe 3 or 4 years and i learned so much from here.