wiring for mids&highs '09 Civic

KickerKid58

my friend just got a used '09 Civic with the nice navi radio and all. He is considering switching out all the speakers for aftermarket ones but shares my confusion as to how we would get the signal for the amp since the h.u. doesnt have rca outputs. I have yet to do a mids/highs install (hopefully in my car soon) so i am still learning too.

Anyone know if there is a fairly easy way to do this WITHOUT switching to an aftermarket h.u. ?

He's bringing the car home tomorrow so ill try to take a look and get some more info.

Any input is appretiated

-Andrew

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

Thanks!! i was reading the manual for the Kicker ZX10SUM8, (here) and im a little confused on how to wire the inputs if i were to get it. im guessing it would be something like this??

specc.jpg

pardon my paint skillz lol but then just shoot the rca's to amps then speaker outs to speakers. just a tad confused on the inputs

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

So the speaker wire from the factory head unit goes into the line out converter, hence converting the HIGH level signal of speaker wire. From the converter it leaves as a low level signal via RCA to the amp. Is that a little more clear?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

yes thank you just wanted to make sure. Also i know you get what you pay for... but do you think there's gonna be a significant SQ difference if i got something like THIS instead?

edit--besides the fact i just noticed it only has 2 rca outs

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

yes thank you just wanted to make sure. Also i know you get what you pay for... but do you think there's gonna be a significant SQ difference if i got something like THIS instead?

edit--besides the fact i just noticed it only has 2 rca outs

It will be more limited in functions than any of the nicer more expensive ones. It WILL work though to get an amp into the system and get rid of the stock speakers. It looks like it's limited on the amount of power that can go through it though. You'd be better off getting a nicer one in case you want to add subs later on and still retain the factory headunit.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

alright thats kinda what i was guessing. just don't know what my buddies budget is for this car yet so i thought i'd ask. The Kicker one does look pretty nice and i actually just saw it a few other places for alot less than sonic electronics. Thanks for the help man! :drinks:

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

Archived