Phoenix Gold Australia's 12x 12" Elite's 24kw - 160.2dB @ 40Hz

really like the amount of work that you put in on this along with your son that is really cool that you took the time to do it with him the car looks great and nice damplifing job

Hey thanks for that!!

I know more than a few Guys on here will be jealous, but My Lovely Wife was also working right along with us on the Original Build and she will be helping out again on the Rebuild!!!

A bit more rough sanding tomorrow, then the box pieces will go back in and we can start glassing things u and get it ready for the new baffles! So hopefully by Sunday you will see some decent progress...

Cheers,

Scott

Alrighty then, made some decent progress this weekend thanks to Craig Whyte lending a helping hand.

Got the inside of the box all sanded (there went another 5 belt sander belts), then put the box into the car for the final time, all joints Liquid Nailed and screwed together. Then on Sunday we took a couple hours to do a garage clean up (amazing what you find) and did a Bunnings run for supplies and more wood (Ply and MDF). There was enough time and motivation left to go ahead and bondo up ALL the screw holes and joints on both the inside and outside of the box.

Take a look:

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

More next weekend!

Cheers,

Scott

Hi All,

Not much to look at but it sure took long enough...sanded down the interior of the box and cleaned it all up.

IMG_0663.jpg

Next we took the final measurements and made an old school cardboard layout to work out magnet clearance and whether we could actually physically get the subs in and out of the 'wedge'. After a bit of messing around we worked out a good compromise, we have a nice progression of cross-sectional area Vs the cone area of the subs. At the back of the second row of subs (where it turns into port) we have approx 80% of cone area, in the middle of the two rows we have 96%, and at the very front of the box we have 99%. Hopefully this will take care of the compression problems we had with the last box.

IMG_0662.jpg

Had to give the poor Astra a quick wash after getting covered in Fibreglass dust.

IMG_0664.jpg

Off to Canada for 10 days, so no updates for a bit, but as soon as I'm back we're ready for Baffles!!!

Cheers,

Scott

Ooooh! I love me some 6th order. Are you upgrading drivers? Id like to see some PG beef lol

On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

It's not actually calculated out as a series loaded 6th Order, we're just treating it as a standard ported box since the front 'chamber' progression is almost 1:1 Vs Cone Area.

As for the equipment - YES we are upgrading to the new ELITE gear, so on paper that's 12x 12" at 1600w RMS each, but the birth certificates on the amps are all over 4,100w RMS so we're looking at approximately 24,600w RMS.

We're trying to fit in a couple of upgraded alternators and we'll hopefully be running 12x Stinger SPV69 batteries too, so 2 per amplifier.

Once I get back from Canada next week we'll hop back into the build!

Cheers,

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty Then!!!

It's been a couple weeks since our last update, and that's basically because it's beena couple of weeks since we did anything LOL

While I was away in Hong Kong and Canada, Mick made a start on cleaning up the front doors:

AstraDoor.jpg

Mick also tidied up the Engine bay, painted the shrouds, swapped out the cold air intake and started measuring up for some upgraded alternators:

AstraEngineBay.jpg

We had to do a quick Ghetto Install so we had tunes on the way home:

IMG_0680.jpg

Then this weekend we had Craig, David and Fab drop by to get things happening:

Quick perfect circle to use as a template for the router with a flush bit

IMG_0681.jpg

45's in the top and bottom corners, for extra dBzzz

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Archived