Second Skin Audio

Deciding between JL and RE?

i bought the 9k from cj. trust me dc is fucking WIN shit is awsome very good customer service and i can't wait to buy more. shipping is a bitch but youd pay for it with what ever sub you get from usa lol.

but. lets say the jl is better or the re just slightly to your likeing. dc has the best customer service iv seen they always reply asap and always look after me with all options. and you always can send pm to the owner of the company for any questions nobody else can answer (altho cj always found what i wanted to know) plus im not 100% but if you were to blow the sub either bad music clipping or bottom out recones are cheap compared to jl ect.

i wont say just buy dc as fi or aa im sure would be up to standard. but iv had GREAT luck and service with dc and i will support them all i can :drink40:

anyone say nut huger ima hit you <_<

EDIT dunno if fit budget damm shipping. but the dc 1.2k (if i remembr right) with level 4 15? if not set on 12's could slam right.

So, even though DC aren't cheap by far, do they make SQ subs? or are they more for competition? Because when I say $1500 budget, audiosaving do 2 JL W3v3's in a dual 12" ported box with the wiking kit for $450, shipping to here probs no more than $550 total...

Also, If I did ever decide on DC, would you only suggest 1 sub? and how much would 1 decent sub + shipping cost? The reason for 1, is because I know DC slam like crazy, I've seen them push over 150db on a single 12 before, so....

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

I think dc's geared more towards groundpounding SQL. Basically ment to sound good while still bangin

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Id go with the AA havocs

Edited by Ray
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

two fully loaded FI Q's would be right around 550, 1000rms a piece and it's Fi's sound quality sub, i've never heard them in person but Fi is a very well recognized company soooo I'd give them a shot.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Hmm, sooooo. I guess if I'm not buying through a/savings, it's going to a 1 powerful sub in a large box scenario.

BUT, even though I'm still open for the suggestions (and thanks for suggesting a few), I still have the problem of being over in Australia, and the fact that the only way to ship over brands like AA and Fi is though someone on here, or some other way which will surely be hard on my bank account no matter what.

So,

1 x AA havoc?

1x DC 12" what?? 12 XL? Level 4/5?

2 x Fi Q 12's?

or those two JL w3v3's?

This all seems to be around the $500 mark, so I'm cool with that, as that leaves me with around $1000 to play with for enclosures, amps, wiring and any other bs e.g. power supplies and probably an ALTERNATOR to replace the weak one in my Lancer (2004 ES CH, Aus version).

I'm happy to trust the trusted people on here who act as the middleman for shipping, but it would be cool if I could get a whole reccomendation with a sub and amp combo for a good price. This is more than likely going to happen late this year or Jan or latest Feb next year, as I am a sucker for bass, and even though the OEM speakers in the 04 Lancer are capable of shaking my rearview so I have to re-adjust, it still doesn't do it for me.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

I vote the 2 Q's the w3s wouldnt be nowhere near the others mentioned performance wise

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Maybe look into the forsale section and tryn work out a deal on some subs amps , ect. its what id do

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Maybe look into the forsale section and tryn work out a deal on some subs amps , ect. its what id do

I would, but I'm looking for brand new, unless there is brand new stuff in there :D

Reason is, even though most stuff in there would be perfectly fine, I'd rather abuse something of my own, knowing that if I do, it hasn't already suffered, making it weaker.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

Not nuthugging Ray (ok maybe a little) but I agree, go with the Ascendant Audio Havoc subs.

I think as far as output you may do well to do a single AA 12 over a pair of w3's. JL does have decent SQ, but is a bit overpriced for what they are. I have heard only one setup with those subs but they were surprisingly clean.

IMO JL Audio is well known for being well known. They were the shit back in the 90's but I think everyone else has eclipsed them in terms of quality for the price. And I know you didn't ask but I'm just throwing it out there... ported will be clearer than sealed at higher volumes.

(sealed>ported=sq)= :bull:

:drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Everyone is arguing flip a 3 sided coin to either go with fi, AA, or DC. i have owned a Fi SSD 12. and a lvl 3... Both SOUND AMAZING. It dont have to say SQ on the front they sound damn good and can get loud. As for AA my friend owns one. Havent heard it but he loves it

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE