Second Skin Audio

HELP - Subs not loud

Hobbs155

@theTank77 - yes i have adjusted the gains and had our local sound dealer have a look aswell at the gains and subsonice and lpf settings.

HU: Alpine CDA-9886 with Imprint Module

Fronts: Alpine SPR-60C

Rears: Alpine SPR-60

Amps: Alpine PDX4.150 and ICE Power 20000D

Subs: 1 x 15" Rockford T2D215

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

Hook up each speaker individually to the amp and you will know if its ur subs.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

what is your electrical like? for some reason, i highly doubt you are running 10,000w. pics of amplifier please? take a shot of the power connection side of the amp. this will help us determine roughly how much power the amp is producing.

x2

and the subs could be out of phase. i didnt read if they were dual VC's or not.

Edit: saw they were dual voice coils. i would check to make sure they're not out of phase before anything

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

What kind of electrical are you running?

Batts/alts/wiregauge/fuses?

Big 3?

How is your amp grounded?

Headlights dimming a lot when pounding?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

they are Dual 4ohm 1000W RMS, I would say its definatly not outputing 10 000W RMS but i'm taking it that it should put out enough power for those subs. I have done the big3 with 0guage, with a Soundstream 700-CCA battery, 180AMP fuse with 2guage running from the battery to a 2 farad cap, then from the cap to a distribution block which then goes into each power terminal on the amp. (It has two 2guage 12v and GND terminals) I have a power and ground cable going into both of them, does that make any sense?

I will take pictures and post them asap.I'm pretty sure i have got the correct polarity on both subs. The amp does not have any external fuses.

My alternator is 120amps, a bit small but can't find anything bigger for it, it is a Nissan Dualis 2011. The lights dont dim much after the big3. The gounds goe straigh to one of the bolts, that bolt the back seat down.

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

From what I just googled, they put out nothing close to rated power from a few reviews. Couldnt find clamp testing though. Even then do you have the electrical to back it up? This probably isn't the problem in the first place as you say nothing about it going into protect or anything. You're wiring is probably fucked. Might have reversed polarity on one of them or simply blew one of them.

they are Dual 4ohm 1000W RMS, I would say its definatly not outputing 10 000W RMS but i'm taking it that it should put out enough power for those subs. I have done the big3 with 0guage, with a Soundstream 700-CCA battery, 180AMP fuse with 2guage running from the battery to a 2 farad cap, then from the cap to a distribution block which then goes into each power terminal on the amp. (It has two 2guage 12v and GND terminals) I have a power and ground cable going into both of them, does that make any sense?

I will take pictures and post them asap.I'm pretty sure i have got the correct polarity on both subs. The amp does not have any external fuses.

Have you measured voltage drop when it hits?

In the future I'd consider exchanging your cap for a second (or third) battery, and upgrade your alt if at all possible.

EDIT: Ninja edit vs. Ninja edit

2007 Pacifica

The gounds goe straigh to one of the bolts, that bolt the back seat down.

Fix this.

Even if it doesn't solve this exact problem, fix this.

Find a solid place on the frame, use a wire wheel on a drill and get a nice clean surface on it. Solder a terminal on 1/0 wire and run to your amp in as short a path as possible. Drill a hole and use a stainless steel 1/4' bolt and attach to the frame like this: Bolt/lockwasher/frame/lockwasher/nut.

OR

Run directly to battery ground.

2007 Pacifica

Did you adjust all your sub amp settings and then run the imprint module? if so that is one issues in itself, the imprint tries to balance the bass out, typically people recommend to have the gain set all the way down, run imprint, then set your amp gains.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

@srp365 I will do what you said, and try fixing the ground to thier own point to the frame,. I only lose just under 1v when the hits comes in.

I'm not exatcly sure how to test if the subs are blown, but will google it and see what i come up with, i saw the one guy said if you use a multimeter and test the ohm out put it should not jump around too much. They definatly dont scratch and they move freely.

Have i wired them correctly for 1ohm?

@Mikesmith0890 i have my imprint set to manual at the moment, and just adjusted the crossovers and graphic eq myself.

Big 3 Upgrade 0/1 AWG

2 Farad Cap

Wiring 2 AWG

120Amp ALT

Archived