Sonic Electronix

Hi, been lurking for a long time but finally made an account today.

I have a 2001 BMW 330i, and I wanted to buy a subwoofer. I've done my fair share of research, but I don't really understand the compatibility aspect. So, I was wondering if this Rockford Fosgate subwoofer would be compatible with this Rockford Fosgate amp.

I would also like to know if there are any better alternatives, since I can't seem to find a review for this particular subwoofer.

Thanks.

idk if that amp will handle the ohm load.

its not rated at 1 ohm. but im sure because its a rockford and most of their stuff is pretty solid itll work.

were you trying to stay in the whole rockford set up? or does mixing amps and subs matter

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

That amp doesn't show to be 1 ohm stable, inless I over looked. Maybe move up to the punch series 1000

Ninja'd

Edited by Leboy23

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz

Could you suggest a better amp that can compliment that sub around $200? I am pretty inexperienced, and I really appreciate the quick replies.

this would work really well. its just a little over 200 but its a good price.

Amp

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Could you suggest a better amp that can compliment that sub around $200? I am pretty inexperienced, and I really appreciate the quick replies.

Amp

I haven't heard much about this brand, is it a pretty good one? I trust that you know what you're talking about.

Aq are Great Amps! Fosgates subs are pricy... ide look into the AQ HD series or maybe even a DC Level 4 12"? any one agree?

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

Amp

Idk about the 1200. The Rockford sub you want is rated at 700rms. It's a d2 so it can only be wired down to 1ohm or up to 4 ohm. the Aq puts out more than 1200 at 1 ohm and might be a good pair at 4 ohms with 570 watts.

I think you would be better suited with an amp putting out 500-750 watts at 1ohm.

At first i was thinking something like a sax125.2 bridged but that ends up being 400wrms@4ohm. Not bad considering its only $130 at db-r.

But going back to AQ i think this is just perfect for your sub http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html

EDIT: If you're not set in stone with that sub, I would ask what is your budget, what kind of music do you listen to and what do you want out of your system? DO you want some smooth quality sound bass or do you want to turn it over full tilt and shake the cabin up?

Edited by ryan916