Does anyone know of any good quality security cameras within a decent price range?

id like to have at least 4 cameras that can be monitored from the computer s well as monitored remotely form another computer if need be or even a cell phone if possible

this is for my uncle, he is wanting to get a security system for 3 of his businesses

my uncle got some from ebay that seem like Chinese knockoffs, and i finally got him to break down and get some good quality cameras, cause his shop was broke into last week and the cameras caught nothing useful, because they stopped recording for some reason

thank you for any and all help

Don't get the harbor freight ones. I have a few around here and their garbage

Look on ebay for a company called Pelco. They have some of the best camera and systems around.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thats hilarious, cause my uncle was just telling me about going to harbor freight and looking at their cameras, they are like 199 for 4 of them or something, its his money but i show him pelco as well

Edited by kynto

To be honest bro, If you don't spend the money on a camera that has the quality to show a great picture, then you are literally throwing your money away. there is nothing more frustrating then having something happen, seeing the video, and NOT seeing who it was.

I would suggest a camera like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pelco-IS110-CHV9-Camclosure-High-Res-Dome-CCTV-Camera-/170670459634?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bcc08af2

If you are looking for day AND night coverage, then you want a color and B&W combo. B&W are great for at night. Yes they are pricey. My best advise is to have him build up the system as he has money for it.

DVR's are easy and cheap to get. Find one that plays back AND records. Dont accept anything less then 30 FPS PER Channel. Very important. All other features are user preference

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

alright thanks

right now he has the current security cameras recording straight to an external harddrive, and the quality is crap, lol

ill show him the link and see what he thinks

considering when he got robbed they busted the glass door in front which cost 400 to replace, having a camera to catch that and find the vandals would be worth the extra money

what about any of the cameras here at tiger direct

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=4442

the one i think its the night owl, comes with dvr with 500gb drive and 4 cameras

his other two business are next door to each other, so he would only need a single dvr for those and maybe 4-6 cameras to cover both properties

I'll look at the link when I'm not on muh phone. Splitting the dvr's work to cover a few buildings is a great way to save, but keep in mind your distance lengths. Depending on the camera and system, your cable distances may degrade signal. Repeators and remote power boxes can add up. Twisted pair and coax both have their advantges. Another thing to consider is light the more of it you have and the easier it is to see a place has cameras, the less likely people will mess with a place. My house is lit up like daylight at night and I make it very clear where my camera domes are.