Sonic Electronix

um its because you are trying to pressurize space forward and behind the box. regardless if you think you have it sealed off its obviously not. you proved that by openign the trunk and it getting louder. if you did that and it was actually sealed off you'd notice no output change. I dont know why thats so hard to comprehend at all. If you want to put your woofers there wall it off. you already wasted the space so why not go balls out.

I guess he completely disregarded my first post. :shrug:

thats what happends when you tell people something they dont wanna hear even if its the truth

fyi sitting a box where the backseat is unless its a wall sux!! I would be able to get way louder with the subs in the trunk

Another thing I never got. You build in the backseat (which normally blows...) but dont want to wall? So what, you can see out the rear? :lol:

ive done a wall before in this vehicle but just had trouble sealing it off and the box just wasnt perfect for the subs im just trying to build the perfect box before i wall it off

i'm sure you've been told this already but if you really did do everything they have said and done it right maybe you're just one of those people that have a car that simply can't get loud no matter how much you mess with it, unless you do go balls out and wall the sumbitch properly haha.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

if im not mistaken its a cavalier or sunfire.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

its a honda prelude

then i am mistaken. the side window and seat lever reminded me of a cavalier. preludes are tough cars to get loud i believe. but your install is really half assed in there and that doesnt help.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

your solutions already been told, make a better box and seal it off and you should be good to go.

x1000 if ur install sucks it aint gonna sound good at all seal off the trunk. when i did mine i used mdf screwed it my dash and trunk opening with a super heavy bead silicone down first. then went around it again with silicone and dynamat over the edges it has to be air tight or its more than likely gonna sounds like :poop:

Edited by 89boxchevy

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

Heres how i believe it is working. When you open your trunk that extra pressure that you have in your car is escaping. Think of it like your subwoofer box, the bigger the port is, the lower your tuning. Thats pretty much the same thing thats going on here.

Now for how to get around it, maybe drop the tuning of your box down a little? Or try to do a sub up/port back or vice versa box.

Im not a big box designer so dont take what im saying as the truth, just trying to chime in and maybe help you out. If Ray or RAM_Designs sees this, see what they say about this.

The second bolded statement is the only useful portion of your post.

its a honda prelude

then i am mistaken. the side window and seat lever reminded me of a cavalier. preludes are tough cars to get loud i believe. but your install is really half assed in there and that doesnt help.

how is it half assed in there???? because its not fully walled?