I recently acquired a mountain bike that is in need of some work. I plan on dismantling the bike all the way to the bare frame and then stripping the paint to bare metal. The plan is to paint it a flat/satin white color. I'm thinking that automotive paint is going to be my best bet but what brand is best for what I want to do? I would like it to be pretty durable but I know rattle cans have their limitations. What is the PROPER procedure to make it look the best it can? Should I wet sand in between every coat of primer and paint? And what kind of clear/protecting coat should I use considering I don't want it to be glossy? Thanks in advance!

I recently acquired a mountain bike that is in need of some work. I plan on dismantling the bike all the way to the bare frame and then stripping the paint to bare metal. The plan is to paint it a flat/satin white color. I'm thinking that automotive paint is going to be my best bet but what brand is best for what I want to do? I would like it to be pretty durable but I know rattle cans have their limitations. What is the PROPER procedure to make it look the best it can? Should I wet sand in between every coat of primer and paint? And what kind of clear/protecting coat should I use considering I don't want it to be glossy? Thanks in advance!

Can't help you too much with the paint as there are others on here that are much more knowledgeable on the rattle can bit.

But on the bike, be sure to cover/tape up any threads/bearing/press in surfaces, makes putting it back together much easier!

Good luck!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Yea I was going to make sure it's taped off real well, no need to make more work for myself than needed! Lol

Edit- Shoot I just noticed your username, what kind of bike you got? I'm new to all of it so I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of it all!

Edited by sprkn_ranger