Sonic Electronix

I am going to be running all RF for my power for my system, I want to get a bass knob for my amp that will be running my bass. My question is, what would be best, the PEQ bass knob or the PPB1. The PEQ is the single knob bass knob preset to a 45Hz bass boost and the PPB1 has 2 knobs, one is the gain and the other is a variable knob for 35-70Hz range. My box tuning will be 32Hz so would I be best off with getting the PPB1 and setting it at 35Hz? I don't have any experience with bass knobs so looking for everyones experience and suggestions on which to get.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

so those are both bass boost knobs. bass boost is generally very frowned on around here. you would be better off getting a knob that goes inline with your RCAs. thats will be a real gain knob and the safest option. but RF doesnt make one. PAC does.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well I don't think it really matters if it's frowned upon, even SM himself uses bass knobs on his system, and I have seen in many systems on here do. Normal bass boost on the amps I know is a no no, but a controlled variable bass boost is a lot different then a set boost. I also don't know how that would work since I am just trying to use the built in stuff in the RF amps.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would have to agree with skittles and run a knob inline with your RCAs. I have the ppb1 on my amp and I feel it has to be on all way for my sub to be loud but then it starts to smell a lil. I plan on just removing the knob and just set my gain a lil higher

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Well I see no point to a Gain knob, because I am going to get it set with a DD-1 and will not like to touch my gain once it's done, and just have a boss knob for a boost after that.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well i really see no point to having a gain knob when you get your gains set properly, that's why I don't want one because I don't want to mess with my gain once it's set. That's why I want a bass knob for the boost, I got a demo from Kranny who has 2 DC lvl 3 12's on a AQ1200d with a bass knob and that shit went nuts when he turned that knob up.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

so what if ur going to set ur gains with a dd1

bass boost= cliping...cliping= blown subs

just get a rca one and call it good

here is the link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5260_PAC-LC1.html

u can thank me later

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

How does that exactly change the sub output? Reason I was saying I didn't want a "gain" knob as they where saying is because if it changes the gain that would be dumb, but if this is changes it differently how so?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

it dont "change" the out put

it take the rca out put in and out the same out

what u set ur gains on the amp that will stay the same only thing ur doing it turning that knob so u can have full out put of ur deck to ur amps

Edited by splzx3

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

How does that exactly change the sub output? Reason I was saying I didn't want a "gain" knob as they where saying is because if it changes the gain that would be dumb, but if this is changes it differently how so?

It cuts the output from the deck. Basically think of it not as turning bass up, but more turning it down.

When its all the way up, its the same as if it weren't there.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert