Second Skin Audio

Truck Wedge Boxes Suck!

So, I was approached by a customer, now friend with a box proposal for a behind seat/bench wedge box build install. Ididng want to do sealed, and ported, hmmm well would need, or want to do a larger box that 40"w x22" t 4"w top 10" w bottom... Welp, Quarter wave time....

I designed on paper a 38hz tline, simple 1 bend u-turn

Only problem is, that this would have to taper to a smaller port opening- Iam not to used to doing it this way, but i said fuk it.... instead of tapering, wheat I did was on the second turn/line, I stuffed it will poly fill losely, the first side, with the sub in it, I did about half the polyfill, I assumed this would even out the difference in port area and the rest of the line.....

I didnt get day 1 of the build, but I did get the finishing pics....

I tested this sub in my house on my HK 35w/rms p channel reciever.... No shit, I had the furthest window in my house flexing hard, and you were able to walk away from my house quit some distance, and you could assume there was a car in a driveway somewhere cranking up the beat.....

Yeah Sony subwoofer, and a Wedge truck box, they suck, but not this one......

With the poly fill, it sounds like the tuning dropped to about 30hz, based on the test songs I was running.....

DSCI0187-1.jpg

DSCI0188-2.jpg

DSCI0189-1.jpg

DSCI0191-1.jpg

DSCI0192-2.jpg

DSCI0193.jpg

DSCI0194.jpg

DSCI0195.jpg

DSCI0196.jpg

DSCI0198.jpg

DSCI0199.jpg

The old box... haha

DSCI0200.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

and before anyone asks, its Birch wood... and well, MDF side caps

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

hahah... vidssss... Its not even installed in dueds truck yet

Its just a Sony, but once installed, I will attempt a vid... Show yall how box design has almost everything to do with sound, over woofer quality

;)

sundown.jpg

very nice ken. i never thought of doing the second half on top like that. i bet that sony sounds very impressive in that box. i have a buddy that has that same sub in a 1 cube sealed enclosure in his eclipse and i gotta say that sony in a sealed box sounds decent. i can only imagine what it sounds like in that t-line. videos, we want videos. nice work bro

very nice ken. i never thought of doing the second half on top like that. i bet that sony sounds very impressive in that box. i have a buddy that has that same sub in a 1 cube sealed enclosure in his eclipse and i gotta say that sony in a sealed box sounds decent. i can only imagine what it sounds like in that t-line. videos, we want videos. nice work bro

??? I just heard a sony tonite in a sealed box, must say it sounded like ass....

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I may get one, the guy is around the corner working on a house.....

sundown.jpg

blahh vid tomorrow...... and shit was shaking, truck -whole body, standing about 6ft away, you feel your pant legs rattling , get closer my shirt collar was flapping slightly, but again, its a work truck, so lots of vibrations all together, definitly not no 140db, just alot of air being tossed around

sundown.jpg

well, nothing special, bu here is a video or 2... This is my first time posting vids here, so not sure how they will come out....

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/fo...nt=DSCI0205.flv

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/fo...nt=DSCI0204.flv

sundown.jpg