Sonic Electronix

Then, in my vast experience with them, you'll really like the 2XL. I used to use them as my bench speakers (I put the mid in a 1 cube enclosure, sealed)...even if I had other speakers to test, I would A-B them against the 2XL...They're warm, and accurate, and survive lots of abuse. They'll handle quite3 a bit over rated power. The XO design needs a change (remove the MOV if they still have it in there) but it's easy to fix. If the MOV is still in place just short the pins to bypass it.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

My main thing is to buy a set that can be very loud on 60-100rms each side. I want to keep up with two 15 subs which i am failing bad at right now.

So will the T1 6.5 coaxs be a lot louder than the 3xl given the same amount of power all things being equal?

look at efficiency....look for the SPL rating. the higher that number the more efficient they will be. IIRC the 3XL was somewhere in the area of 90dB

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

The fosgate t1 coax are 89db and have the aluminum tweet and the powerbass has the titanium tweet. I noticed the 2xl uses a silk tweet and i have always preffered the metal tweet to a silk in loudness.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

but silk is SO SMOOTH...plus, my Morel MT-23 will get louder than anything you've ever heard in a dome. it's about application. Those silk tweets are amazing. They get loud. The crossover point is pretty high so the mids carry the brunt of the power. You won't miss the metal tweets with the 2XL...you can also custom order the 2Xl with the Ti tweets if you insist on metal dome

Principal

What do you think about the T1 coax im really leaning towards that right now since its more of a mainstream highly reviewed item and i just dont want to be dissapointed again with "sure things" like the cdt and diamond audio.

Plus i think i can resell a fosgate more than i can a powerbass just in case.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I liek the T1...I dont' love it. it will get loud. it will handle power. It will sound good enough for most people. I'm a little pickier. I like the sound of the 2XL better...and I hate the owner of PB, so I'd rather you buy something else, but I can't knock the product (well...most of it)

Principal

Ok i was looking at infinity kappa 6.5 coaxs and jbl JBL P662.

Both have 93 and 95 db sensitivity and handle 75rms plus.

The interesting thing is that they are both 2 ohm and i think i migh like that since my amp does 100 rms each channel at 2 ohms so now no need to upgrade my amp like i was going to do. I can only run 60rms at 4 ohm.

What do you guys think on how they match up.

Hows the bass on those or by power handling you mean just trebble....I would like somehig wit a little bouncyness to it lol.

mechanical rolloff on th elow end is around 60Hz. the low mid from these is amazing considering the price point. Add to that the fact they are really efficient AND have low rolloff and you have a damned fine speaker. The Kappa rolls off at about 85Hz, but is certainly more efficient. It will get louder, but it too has a silk dome tweeter, although it is quite harsh for silk.

Principal

Archived