Sundown Audio

Master/slave question

Stephen_og

when you add a slave amp to an existing amp you already have, I have one cadence Flash F1200-1D, planning on getting a second one once I get new subwoofers(btw these amps let you run master/slave mode), does the power from the slave amp equal what you have your subwoofers wired to on the master amp?

example:

if you have the the amp running at 1 ohm, does the slave amp push the amount of watts at 1 ohm as well?

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

uh oh... lol. when you strap amps (thats what you're talking about doing) they put out twice the power of one amp but at 2ohm (for a 1ohm stable amp). doing that, each amp actually sees 1ohm.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

uh oh... lol. when you strap amps (thats what you're talking about doing) they put out twice the power of one amp but at 2ohm (for a 1ohm stable amp). doing that, each amp actually sees 1ohm.

THIS

another example is If you wire your final impedance from your woofer(s) to 1ohm to a pair of strapped amps, each amp is actually seeing a .5 ohm load

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

what you meannn uh ohh? lol and thanks man, i appreciate it.

THISanother example is If you wire your final impedance from your woofer(s) to 1ohm to a pair of strapped amps, each amp is actually seeing a .5 ohm load

I dont want to go below 1 ohm lol not tryna blow anything. so to get where each amp is seeing 1 ohm a piece I would wire my subs to to have a final impedence soo each woofer only see's 1 ohm?

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

No you would wire your woofers to 2ohm....

(1ohm + 1ohm = 2ohm final load)

If you wire them to 1ohm each strapped amp would be at .5

(.5 + .5 = 1ohm final load)

SO to get this right, I wont be able to get the full 1200 rated power out of the amps without going to .5 ohms per amp?

Im know these are all noob questions but im just trying to unde3rstand the whole ohm laod, impedence bullshit, i appreciate your help bro.

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

SO to get this right, I wont be able to get the full 1200 rated power out of the amps without going to .5 ohms per amp?

Im know these are all noob questions but im just trying to unde3rstand the whole ohm laod, impedence bullshit, i appreciate your help bro.

Don't do .5 unless you got the electrical to back it up. Wire your subs final load to 2ohms. Check that with a DMM.

When you do a 2 ohm load, And you have two amps in master & slave, The 2 ohm load splits, and each amp see's 1 ohm final. And at 1 ohm final load, you get the power its rated at 1 ohm. ( Considering you have the electrical to back that up at 1 ohm, And it does rated. ) I hope this makes sense.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Don't do .5 unless you got the electrical to back it up. Wire your subs final load to 2ohms. Check that with a DMM.

When you do a 2 ohm load, And you have two amps in master slave, The 2 ohm load splits, and each amp see's 1 ohm final. And at 1 ohm final load, you get the power its rated at 1 ohm. ( Considering you have the electrical to back that up at 1 ohm. ) I hope this makes sense.

THIS^^

You will still be getting that 1200watts from each amp, Because both amps will be "SEE" 1ohm each in the end, I dont think those amps of yours are stable to .5? But like stated above, Be sure your electrical is up to par, Dont want you smoking anything now.

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

When you do a 2 ohm load, And you have two amps in master & slave, The 2 ohm load splits, and each amp see's 1 ohm final. And at 1 ohm final load, you get the power its rated at 1 ohm. ( Considering you have the electrical to back that up at 1 ohm, And it does rated. ) I hope this makes sense.

That makes perfect sense. Just to make sure im understanding it correctly, When you do run amps in master slave/strapped, in a sense the amps are already preset for a 1 ohm load but depending on how you wire your subwoofers for a final impedence, it could change the ohm load being wired to the master amp im assuming?

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That makes perfect sense. Just to make sure im understanding it correctly, When you do run amps in master slave/strapped, in a sense the amps are already preset for a 1 ohm load but depending on how you wire your subwoofers for a final impedence, it could change the ohm load being wired to the master amp im assuming?

When you strap 2 amps you make one big one (not figuratively, literally).

Any time you connect speakers to strapped amps the load halves. If you hook up an 8ohm load it's now 4ohm, if you hook up 4ohm it's now 2ohm, if you hookup 2ohm it's now 1 ohm, if you hook up 1ohm it's now .5ohm, and so on.

Look at your amp's manual it will show you a wiring diagram how to strap them as well as where the subs go. Generally (not always) you run positive sub to the master and negative sub to the slave, but again your amps might be different so read the manual.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts