2.8L 6 but its an auto.. oh well

And ive never heard of a heatercore causing overheating.. im not doubting you man, just trying to learn can you explain?

If the heater core is leaking or stopped up, then this is crucial. It will inhibit the flow of the coolant through the whole cooling system. It would be about the same as a radiator hose, or the radiator itself leaking or being stopped up.

how can i test to see if the heater core is blocked up?

does it take a long period of time to blow heat or no heat at all?

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

And ive never heard of a heatercore causing overheating.. im not doubting you man, just trying to learn can you explain?

If the heater core is leaking or stopped up, then this is crucial. It will inhibit the flow of the coolant through the whole cooling system. It would be about the same as a radiator hose, or the radiator itself leaking or being stopped up.

wouldnt know didnt turn the heat on for the test drive. ill have to take a MUCH better look next time i go look at it.

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

wouldnt know didnt turn the heat on for the test drive. ill have to take a MUCH better look next time i go look at it.

k well we will be trying to help along the way

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Thanks guys! :drinks:

so if it blows really hot heat and at a good speed the heater core is good right?

Edited by SPLVan

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

If I remember correctly the Fiero has coolant lines that run the length of the side rail to get to the front for the heater core radiator and overflow it has been a while since I have been under one, I would inspect those coolant lines to make sure they have not been crushed by a lift or a jack. Next did you follow the proper coolant fill procedure when refilling the system. Those little buggers are not joking and must be filled in the manner outlined in the service manual in order for the system to operate properly. I am not being smug those guys are a pain to get air out of. If not properly filled and bled it can create an overheating situation. If you do not have a service manual there are online resourses that outline the process.

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad

well the guy sold the fiero from right under me. anyway while ive got your attention. lets name so nice american muscle project cars!

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4